A lil over 2 years and 35,000 kms on the Nano!!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Nov 6, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Well it's been an eventful two years or so since I got my Nano and it completes 35000kms this weekend.

Some niggles, some troubles, some really fun times, and some testing trying times that pushed the little girl to it's limit.

But it shone thru and came out on top. So after 3 new rims, two new tyres, one new accelerator cable, one new air conditioning unit later, still running strong. Gave me a mileage of 21 yesterday!!

The original concept was to own this car for three years and about 50k kms and then Let go.

With some minor rattles, which get fixed at every service, it does look that it's gonna last me longer than that.

With sane driving, it should last 4 years easy and in the hands of peaceful drivers, even more.

A testament to the idea and the brain child of Sir Tata. Kudos!!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Super Nano FTW! Seriously though, it has held it's own very well and which car does not have it's share of issues, right? Hope it goes beyond 4 years.

JD666 likes this.
  3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

JD666 - How much has been the Cost of Ownership for the two years .. I imagine like 30k ?

I am interested to know something, that after 3 years if you plan to sell it would it make the overall venture a loss and if you do decide to keep it then would the ownsership cost rise tremendously ?

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Thats the fun part. Cost of ownership - 4,400 rs for 2 new tyres, thats all!

Yep, with a purchase of a Nano you have an option of paying for a Platinum, Gold or Silver service package, which covers varying levels of service costs till 30,000 kms or 2 years whichever is earlier. I had the Gold package, which was around 4,700/- . It covered any and all service and labor costs till the 30,000 km mark.

So essentially, I would just leave my vehicle at the SVC, and then collect it later, and not pay anything for it.

For everything else ( A/C unit, accelerator cable etc ), they were covered under warranty, and replaced free of cost!

I'm guessing at the end of 3 years if I sell it, it would sell for around 80,000-1,00,000 Rs probably. Taking my loan on the vehicle in account @ 10.5% it would cost me 2,30,000 at the end of 3 years EMI payment ( on a original on-road price of 2,00,850/- ).

So give or take, I lose about 40,000 Rs per year, which is pretty reasonable, compared to the depreciation on other vehicles, and that was my ultimate target, to minimize my loss under depreciation. If nothing, I can still keep this vehicle beyond 3 years easily, since it would still be under warranty ( Warranty on all vehicles is 4 yrs and 60,000 kms ! ) By which time it would have given me back much more than what its worth!

dbg likes this.
  5. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

:mog:

JD666 likes this.