Airport Customs - Delhi IGI

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by kauffmann, Jun 27, 2012.

Share This Page

1. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Well I could tel you that what jd said is right, the confidence and coolness is th ekey here..
    I forgot that I had some stuff with me in my pcokets when I came from Kathmandu.. ;)
    realized it in the flight.. ( can you imagine what I would have felt like ;) )

But then I said to myself !! if you are going to get fcuked then !! why worry !!
    and nobody said anything to me, although they stopped a friend who was not carrying anything !!

Rest of the story later :D

2. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

i have only one thing to tell you: walk like you are the governor of delhi.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  3. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Usually customs never bother with personal stuff. Thats why if you junk the unnecessary cartons/boxing/packing on new items and just carry it opened in a backpack as personal stuff.. its never an issue.

Obviously, i mean it with applied common sense.. it wouldnt hold true if you tried to do the above and brought in 10 cellphones! lol :p

And if you happen to be airline staff... USE your ID!! It has it's benefits :p

ManISinJpr likes this.
  4. kauffmann

kauffmann The Fountainhead

Airline staff has a lower exemption limit while on official duty, which too applies to only petty personal items. But they get away with alot of stuff usually by bribing the customs officials with a bottle of liquor or money.

5. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

6. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Though i don't wish to generalise, i would say in most cases, airline staff don't need to bribe customs at all. I've never done it on a single occasion.

Usually when they see you ID card n know your staff, they really don't make it too hard for you at all because they know you are more than likely to know the rules and regulations beret than the average traveller. They also know that most staff know a lot of people in the industry and in customs as well. it could be just me, but in all my trips.. n that's quite a few, official or otherwise.. I've never had any issue with customs knowing i was airline staff.

Rather on the contrary, I've found that honesty is the best policy when travelling as staff. Always helped me for sure :)

ManISinJpr likes this.