Information Alienware Area 51

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by JD666, Aug 30, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I think I am in love with PC hardware again :D

Module-2a.png
    Not just for the fact that it's merely a shape. The trianguar cabinet design allows for a lot of features that would've not been possible in a conventional rectangular cabinet.

Module-3b.jpg

Cabinet design has essentially remained unchanged for over 30 years now. It's always been either horizontal or vertical. What this design offers first up are the following benefits -

1 - No need to place cabinet at a fixed distance from the walls/back of the table to ensure ventilation. The sloped fans ensure that there is proper air circulation

2 - To reach ports on the rear of the cabinet, all you need to do is swivel the cabinet forward and access them. Neat and efficient.

3 - Tool less design gives you access to the innards quickly and conveniently.
    Module-6.jpg

What this PC can pack is an Intel processor (upto 8 cores), 32GB of DDR4 RAM (I wasn't even aware that they were becoming main stream), and 4K resolution gaming cards. Some rigs floating on the internet have 3xGTX 780s fitted in Tri-SLI.

This also has liquid cooling for the CPU and more than adequate space for PSU upto 1500 W.
    Module-7.jpg

What is interesting is that Alienware is offering this setup with the first 34 inch curved display as well.

centauri-cooling-animation.gif

A graphic to show the air flow in the cabinet.

This also has Alienware usuals, though with much higher design detail like 9 zone lighting control (with 20 light colors to chose from). Built in overclocking software that allows you to tweak voltages/speeds using the software. This does make it semi enthusiast friendly.

What it's not friendly towards, would be pockets. A lot of people would criticize this for being overpriced crap, but if you don't have the time on your hands to build one and take the pains of warranty and RMA yourself, this is the rig to go for. Will provide more than adequate peace of mind, future scalability and make sure you are poor enough to never afford another machine for a long long time.

:D

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

How much is this ugly thing for?

3. JD666

Dragon fire be upon you if you called this ugly.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing somewhere between 5000-9000 $

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

sorry, but I find this hideous.

5. JD666

And your idea of a beautiful cabinet/PC is?

6. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

I too am not too excited by it. Where do the hard drives go?

7. JD666

This supports upto 5 Drives, towards the front is what I understand.