News And now iPhone helps cops fight crime

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by TheMightyS, Sep 5, 2012.

Share This Page

1. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

[​IMG]

Here's a nominee for silliest way to get caught for committing a horrible crime of the year: A man stabbed a woman in a domestic dispute in Los Angeles and then stole her iPhone. Unfortunately for him—you already know where this is going—the police used Find My iPhone to determine the man's location and promptly arrested him.
    It was a fairly quick process! The Los Angeles Daily News reports:
    The man stabbed the woman in the arm in the vicinity of Wilshire and Beverly Glen boulevards on L.A.'s Westside and took off with her iPhone around 12:15 AM... Detectives used an application on the phone to follow a signal to a home in Pasadena, Bone said. The man was taken into custody at a home at Alameda Street and Avocado Avenue just before 5:00AM​
    The trek from West LA to Pasadena is a decent distance, so you could imagine the man thinking he got a good deal on his iPhone. Thankfully the cops nabbed him and the woman, who is presumably fine, got her iPhone back

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Post the link.

3. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

4. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

WOW !! so iPhone has this.. LOLzz

Windows Phone has this and many more features like this from the start ;)
    see here, this is my phone !

WindowsPhone.png

5. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

wow and we thot we werent here warring each other and spamming OT on all the threads.. perhaps i was wrong

6. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

wow... wonderful features... and i thought windows dint have balls bells & whistles.. i thought they just had ballMER

7. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I didn't reply to your first flamebait reply and I was not going to till now !!
    But please refrain !

8. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

Flamebait.. Me?? U r mistaken sir.. I was talkin bout hw wonderful windows phones features are.. Alas none from the current generation indulge in it.. Just a few fans from days of yore left :p

Tapatalk on iPhone 4S to the rescue

9. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

There are similar technologies on all platforms (not talking about just this feature). It becomes news when these technologies actually help in real life incidents. So stop bragging and taking sides.
    For example, we have that tracking of phones using IMEI but still most people don't get their phones back once stolen (a simple method).

TheMightyS likes this.