And now issues for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, May 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Samsung touted the S6 and the S6 edge to be at the cutting edge of mobile technology with their in house processors and DDR4 Ram instead of conventional DDR3.

Initial findings were that the S6 bends as easily as the iPhone 6+ and 6.

However not much was highlighted about it. The camera won hands down and was probably the best that anyone had seen on a Samsung.

Then came the screen rotation woes, wherein people reported that the qHD screen would not rotate or respond to orientation change of the device.

Now a new set of issues have been reported with the devices using about 2.5 gb out of the available memory, leaving only 200-300 mb free for applications.

This has led to a number of reboots, frozen devices, random restarts and crashes. Apparently the higher speed of the memory is not being handled well.

Personally, I feel Samsung should take a page from Motorola or Sony here and provide a device that is bloatware free and snappy.

Honestly the qHD screen is overkill and a Full HD screen would've helped save battery and improve performance further.

Prices for the S6 have fallen dramatically since launch. I myself have noticed a price difference of about 17,000 INR since the devices first came to the market.

I loved the camera on the S6/S6 Edge.
    But the about average battery life, and the unwanted additional software is going to keep me away for a long time. Perhaps until a lower variant comes out or maybe till the S7.