And yet another slimmest Mobile phone - Vivo X5 Max at 4.75 mm

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Dec 11, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Nope, we're not making this up. These are proper functional devices (some with pretty nifty features) that work.

Right after the launch of the Oppo R5, Vivo, another company from China has launched the X5 Max, a super slim phone that does take the cake at 4.75 mm. For an old timer like me, 10mm was like the practical usable limit. This is ego jousting on a level that I fail to understand though.

x5max-fintro17-case1-figure.jpg
    The Funtouch OS 2.0 inspired by iOS​

The phone packs a 5.5 inch full HD screen, a Double Quad CPU (615) from Qualcomm, A quad 1.7 Cortex A53 and a quad 1 Ghz A53.

2GB of RAM and 16GB ROM is standard

13MP rear camera (with an obvious bulge) and a 5 MP front camera.

What does stand out is the 1.7mm thickness of the PCB and also that this device packs a Yamaha audio processor for emphasis on music playback and audio quality. There are also 2 Amplifiers for headphones to ensure best SQ (DAC made by Sabre). I'm guessing this phone uses a 2.5 to 3.5mm convertor to fit regular headphones.

It also runs a skinned Android OS called Funtouch OS 2.0

x5max-fintro9-figure.jpg

x5max-sintro3-figure.png

x5max-sintro4-figure-1.png

x5max-fintro1-figure-1.png

Source - vivo X5Max薄动心弦

2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Soon, I'm gonna be cutting myself handling these phone.

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So apparently Oppo released a video showing how tough the R5 is. Will post once I find it.