News Arun Jaitley is Richest Minister; PM Modi Has Assets of Rs. 1.26 Crore

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by RajaPraveen, Oct 7, 2014.

Share This Page

1. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

Arun Jaitley is Richest Minister; PM Modi Has Assets of Rs. 1.26 Crore.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has assets worth Rs. 1.26 crores while Defence and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stands out as the richest minister with assets totalling Rs.72.10 crore.

Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu is among the Union Ministers whose assets are most modest - they add up to 20.45 lakhs, according to the Assets and Liabilities declared by the Prime Minister and 44 members of the Council of Ministers. (Assets and Liabilities of the Union Council of Ministers)

Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, daughter-in-law of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, has assets worth about Rs. 38 crores.

17 out of 22 Cabinet Ministers are crorepatis including Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The five Cabinet Ministers, who are not crorepatis, include Mr Naidu and Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan.

Source: Arun Jaitley is Richest Minister; PM Modi Has Assets of Rs 1.26 Crore

I wonder how modi managed to create assets worth almost 1.3 crores, is the salary for a chief minister that good?

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Ha ha., Paswaan is very rich.
    He has his own mandis for vegetable and grain distribution.

Jaitley is rich, he has made way too much money from his publications, cases and family fortune. This is already known.

For modi, he has one property which he bought in 2002, which is about one crore rupees. In 14 year the property prices have soared. This property might have been bought for say 30-40 lacs at that time or even less. So I dont see that is too much money. Rest 26 lacs is not really that much money to begin with.

JD666 likes this.
  3. RajaPraveen

Modi became the chief minister of Gujarat in 2001, before that he was a nobody in terms of earning good money, he was a party worker and was a part of RSS, that was his full time job, i am not sure it paid so well that he could have bought a house for 40 lakhs in 2002.

It is not a matter of too much money its rather how he accumulated that kind of money when his primary source of income was politics , specially when he is not from a rich family background.

Kamaraj who was the chief minister of Madras Presidency from 1954 to 1963, he would not let his mother have an electric fan or a mechanical pump just because she is the mother of the chief minister, lived his life setting an example and was probably the greatest leader i have seen in this country.

he died with these assets in the attached picture, so as a non wealthy, honest & non corrupt politician he will mostly have similar kind of assets to his name depending upon today's inflation but that is not the case today with any politician including modi or advani, it is the opposite.

Screenshot_16-795817.jpg

1, 100 rupees in cash
    2, 125 rupees in the bank
    3, cotton dothi x 4
    4, cotton towel x 4
    5, cotton shirt x 4
    6, slippers x 2
    7, spectacles x 1
    8, pen x 1
    9, cooking vessels x 6

Even recently one of his relatives wrote the congress party head quarters that he was unable to meet his every day needs with the small shop he was running in kamaraj's native village, the congress party then set up a trust worth 80 thousand rupees in the name of the man's children.

dbg likes this.
  4. BANHAMMER

He doesn't have any burden of proof since there is no allegation to prove that the money is accumulated with unfair means.
    Also he was in party position of General secretary at party position from 1995 and before that active Sangh Karya karta. These guys get paid from funds etc. BJP or RSS are not poor, not by a long shot.
    they were sending him to US before the whole ban came.

5. BANHAMMER

We bought our house in 1999 for 3 lacs and now it costs about 20 lacs plus. This is in gwalior, which is not even that big of city.
    So he might even have bought the house for say 10 lacs in 2002.
    Again, I am not certain about his funds, but there is no proof that those funds are accumulated using unfair means.

6. BANHAMMER

Interesting enough that property was given to him on government concessional rate in 2002.

7. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

To be honest, as long as they are honest about their assets and earnings, why the hell not.

running a government is like running a big ass organization with each department having its own agenda.

a CEO get's such a high salary, coz they know how to give an organization its direction and how to steer it.

Why should a PM be any less. Yes they get other perks and subsidies as well, but then that's all part of the job isn't it.

Hike the salaries to be equivalent to what one gets in the private sector, and you'll have well qualified people lining up as well.

8. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Modi's assets, what he has declared if true are not much, Rs. 1.26 crores is nothing. In Noida, prices for property have gone up by 5 times in the last decade alone, obviously this isn't true for the whole country but anyone who invested in property a decade or before that is bound to get good return. Questioning at least his assets (not commenting on the rest of the ministers) is throwing mud at him without reason and throwing mud for the sake of throwing everything and seeing what sticks.

Just because Kamaraj chose to live a simple life doesn't mean that every other honest man has to live the same way and give up all comforts of life and not make wise investments. Modi from the beginning has tried to rule like a manager, weighing things before making decisions. The same people who praise Kamaraj's simple life would talk trash about Gandhi, who lived one of the most simple lives and gave up on life's comfort and agree that he was not a great leader. Why? Why not, if living a simple uncomfortable life makes one a great leader, then why is Gandhi not a great leader? (Please note, I am not a believer in gandhi and his ways of life)

JD666 likes this.
  9. BANHAMMER

I think a lot of leaders were simple living, lal bahadur shastri was still sleeping on floor when he was PM.
    Atal Bihari Vajpayee has just about 3-4 lacs in his account when he was PM.

10. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So being poor will make you a great leader? Nope, that's what the people perceive. The common man sees (or is shown) a leader who makes do on very little and enforces that thought that he (Common Man) is actually much better off , or at par with the leader.

This leads to perceived greatness, not actual. Kings made no qualms about their wealth, that system worked as well.

11. MOZ

I think the statement that being simple makes one a great leader or a great leader has ot live a simple life are both false.

Yes, it may be a common pattern but doesn't need to be true. Further, I think there is a threshold, after a point if a leader is spending much time in other areas such as his sense of fashion, or showing off, etc, then there are spending time and energy where they shouldn't because yes in all fairness it is their lives, but they have been put into a position of their own free will where they have to work their ass off and their lives come second. Having said that, living a life like Gandhi did is pretty stupid in my opinion as well, because again you are spending too much time and energy in activities you need not, unless the ulterior motive is to make the common man believe that he (the leader) is just a common man, in which case time and energy well spent.

Playing the sympathy card is one of the oldest tricks in the books, hard and painful, but as said in Nolan's Prestige by Borden, "The sacrifice... that's the price of a good trick".

Coming back to the case, very few ministers in Indian politics up the pecking order have the audacity to live an extravagant life, at least in front of the general public, as they'd be termed "corrupt" without any insight. In any case, looking at Modi's case in particular, he doesn't have enough wealth (The declared 1.26cr) to be questioned about it's existence, because he has been a member of RSS from age 8, and has been a star at every step of the way, and taken important roles, so he was not a nobody, he stepped into the Gujarat Vidhan Sabha as the CM and Indian Lokh Sabha as PM. Besides, many economists, both Indian and foreign have accepted that the man has an acumen for economics and business, and I am sure he implemented those skills to make sound investments for himself before he became the CM.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    JD666 likes this.
  12. BANHAMMER

It is same fallacy as americans elected George bush as president because they thought he could be the person whom you can go and have a beer. Now that is not a right person to run a country.

13. RajaPraveen

lal bahadur shastri was a great leader but don't want to get into Atal Bihari Vajpayee lifestyle though or compare him with any of the great leaders like lal bahadur shastri.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee and i have one thing in common, we both don't like modi that much.

If questioning the assets of the prime minister of this country whose sole income came from his political life is throwing mud without reason then i guess you don't understand the concept of questioning that well.

Modi was a very poor man before he entered politics or joined RSS, hence my question, i strongly believe it is quite reasonable.

Wise investments are good but how did they get the money to make those investments in the first place? unless they had a good steady job outside of their public life or if political posting is a legally high paying job.

I am not saying kamaraj is the greatest leader just because he led a simple life, leading simple life is just one of the many things that makes kamaraj the greatest ever IMO, again i am not a big fan of gandhi for other reasons and his simple life is not one of them.

14. BANHAMMER

Atal Bihari Vajapayee is the greatest leader I have seen in my lifetime. Yes, Shastri is the greatest prime minister we ever had, but Atal Bihari Vajpayee is close next.
    The man dedicated his entire life to the country. Yes, he used to drink alcohol and had bad eating habits, but besides that the man was epitome of love for the country. If he has gotten full majority in his first term, things would have gotten a lot better for whole country, but alas a great leader has to suffer the fate of bad electorate.

15. RajaPraveen

JPC investigation report had on record that "Bihari Vajpayee of being directly involved in decisions taken in haste and despite objections from various quarters , which caused a loss of revenue to the tune of Rs. 42,080.34 crores"

In section 10.9–10.11, the report takes its investigation towards the NDA-led New Telecom Policy 99 and the migration package which moved the telecom industry from licence fee to revenue share regime while replacing the duopoly structure to open competition. This occurred when Mr. Vajpayee was the Prime Minister of the NDA government from March 1998 till 2004 across two terms, including a 13-month government, which lasted till mid-1999.

The report states that both the President of India(K.R.Narayanan) and later the Election Commission in August 1999, raised concerns over the undue haste in implementing the migration package and its timing. The report states that Mr. Vajpayee himself wrote in a letter to the President of India, “indicating that the policy decision taken in this regard was taken well before the dissolution of Parliament and justified its need for its urgent implantation, brooking no delay”.

While the report admits that the Delhi High Court permitted the migration package, subject to its approval by the Council of Ministers and the 13th Lok Sabha, the report concludes, “it is evident that the government of the day acted in haste and it would have been wiser on the part of the government to hold back the Cabinet decision till the constitution of the new government”. The draft report then goes on to calculate losses and revenue foregone to state that the NDA government had foregone revenue “To the tune of Rs. 42,080.34 crores in the course of offering the migration package of NTP 1999”.

http://164.100.47.134/New_Events_LS/writereaddate/JPC_ReportL.pdf

Ain't cool with me, not a good leader in my books.

16. RajaPraveen

17. MOZ

Did you not read the whole thing I posted? He joined RSS at the meager age of 8. He belonged to a poor family but was recognized by seasoned RSS leaders at a young age and taken under their guidance. When staying with the sang, they bare a lot of the basic necessities and it is easy to save up and invest smartly, he has been with the RSS from approximately 1960.

He wasn't a poor man for a long time in his life, he did start from the bottom, that though is not a lie.

And in any case, irrespective of what I say or anyone else says in this thread, you are going to keep on harping about how he is a bad man, cause "haters gonna hate".

Quoting the same man you blamed a couple of days as crooked and who likes to file cases and defame anyone who doesn't pay him? Thanks, now we know that Vajpayee was a good man.

18. BANHAMMER

Secret alliance with Sonia, that guy is smoking some weird shit. Again, if he is a womaniser, it is his prerogative, something neither swamy nor anyone else have a say in the matter. Yes, personal habit is his personal thing.

Probably a bad decision, though I have investigate it further to even conclude how bad of a decision it was.
    Also acted in haste because it was suppose to be implemented as the DUE procedure was being followed and there are no wrong intention of Atal Bihari Vajapayee that report points out or any misuses of power.
    Possibly a wrong economic and financial decision because cabinet ministers and other officials pushed for it thinking it was the right thing to do. The intent of corruption or wrong doing is not reflected. The loss or profit doesn't make a leader great or otherwise.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014 ---
    Also, if you think that the income is amassed using corrupt money you can file an RTI, I am sure he should answer the question of how that money was amassed.

19. RajaPraveen

yes i did, people do reply without reading the posts? news to me. even in the bold part from your post i am guessing baring the basic necessity means enough money to buy a 30- 40 lakh rupee house in 2002? excellent.

Modi became a member of the RSS after the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, check your facts before posting.

Even if i go by your post, joining RSS in 1960 does not make him an 8 year old, if asking valid questions is hate i guess i am going keep hating more.

Exactly, the same man you suggested should run tamil nadu, you read my post again i am no where withdrawing my personal view about swami, i used his allegations as one of the link in my post,by your logic we all now know jeyalalitha is a good honest non corrupt woman.

20. BANHAMMER

The property was valued at 40 lacs in 2007. (I verified this from some newspaper.)
    The price in 2002 would not be more than 10 lacs.
    he got the property on government rates, which I can only guess should be half or something so lets say 6 lacs. I don't think getting 6 lacs is that big of a deal even for someone like him.