News Arun Jaitley is Richest Minister; PM Modi Has Assets of Rs. 1.26 Crore

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by RajaPraveen, Oct 7, 2014.

Share This Page

1. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

I agree, womanizing, gambling or even being a drug junkie is a personal thing but all of this will be brought into light when one runs for the most important office in this country, the same goes to any politician for that matter, even Nehru was criticized for his life style and so was rajiv gandi in spite of both belonging to rich family background.

When its a matter of thousands of crores bad decision can cause benefits to some corporations or individuals and create a serious dent to the governments income,it leads to one of the major building blocks of corruption.

According to 2G Scam Raja and Dayanithi they did a great deed by providing cheap call rates to the public and they say that everything happened within the knowledge of the finance ministry and the PMO but swami thought otherwise and he filed a case hence we now have the 2G scam.

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

verified is a very strong word here. I saw that somewhere on a news site(TOI probably)

3. BANHAMMER

Is there a proof of intent on this claim?
    He trusted his cabinet of minister on the decision rather than trusting President of India, who is neither a body of finance or execution and Election commission is neither a body to economics and has a little to no say in the decision to telecom policy. If I was a leader, I would trust my cabinet over President or Election commission, that is the whole point of having a cabinet.
    Revenue could have been lost due to other issues, the policy itself was not bad to begin with, it was a big change ofcourse, so there were repercussions to it. Sometimes they do not turn out to be the way it is expected.

4. RajaPraveen

Ofcourse 6 lakhs is not a big deal, the link i posted also says

Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu is among the Union Ministers whose assets are most modest - they add up to 20.45 lakhs

Venkaiah Naidu became MLA in the 70's which is way before modi could even hold a post anywhere close to that, i personally have seen one of Venkaiah Naidu's big house here in madras because it was available for rent, so when a man like Venkaiah Naidu who is from a far more wealthier background than modi is declaring his assets is worth 20.45 lakhs(which is a lie) i wonder how modi is able to declare 1.3 crores who has his entire life inside politics,BJP and RSS.

5. BANHAMMER

That is just one flat worth 1 crore.
    He was CM in 2001.
    So in 2002, if he bought a house, he could have borrowed 10 lacs from any of the politician, he was general secretary of BJP for last 6 years. I am sure borrowing money is okay for a CM or any politician?
    Even if the house was say 20 lacs, borrowing 20 lacs should not be a big deal. He could have returned the money over the period of X time.

6. RajaPraveen

The proof lies in your post and all the recent happenings, he trusted his cabinet and acted in haste (according the report) but still it is a matter of thousands of crores so one should also give his own thought being the leader of the country, finally this led to one of the biggest scams in the country.

Either you are a thief or a decent man leading a group of thief make no difference to me, if you are not aware of the consequences of your decisions or understand the existing bad policies which may lead to huge revenue loss then you ain't fit to be a leader or run this country.

Great leaders make reforms, when kamaraj became the chief minister of madras presidency the educational system was bad in this part of the country , he did not act in haste he rather made huge reforms, he made sure every town and village has schools so people can get educated, he also was a smart leader who could understand the conman man, as soon as he made the educational reforms and found that there was not much impact, he realized that it is because almost all of the population who were going to be benefited were poor, so he introduced the free lunch scheme so the parents might send their children to school and not use them as child labors, he also felt that a proper meal is very important and a hungry child wont have the interest to study.

7. RajaPraveen

Once you start having a public life and enter politics or hold post in the government because of your political career accepting money for personal use by any means other than loan from a bank ,govt recognized lending firm or salary on record is bribe.

jayalalitha submitted her income tax to the court explaining that she had paid so much tax because she has had so much income and , she is from a wealthy background and that is enough proof for her source of income for her to buy the assets in question, the court rejected that evidence and concentrated on the inflow of fund from certain people into her account during that period which were used to make these transactions, they were all party men, i am sure her advocates would have said she got everything as loan from her party men but the court will not agree to that as a proper source of fund and hence the judgement.

8. BANHAMMER

It is an error(probable) not thievery because there is no proof to the effect.
    My post has no proof of anything, the policy was expedite because there must be reasons.
    It is also possible that Congress government that followed his government fvcked up the whole thing.
    This is congress possibly placing blame on the government before them as usual. It is observation and possibly not a fact, there might be more reasons. This is government scapegoating someone else for their fvckery.
    Parliamentary committee report might even be biased, we will see when these cases hit the court, until then this is just an allegation not really anything proving that AVB was corrupt.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014 ---
    Can you provide a proper law or regulation,which state that you cannot borrow money from your friends to buy a house?

Also, how do we know that he didn't get a loan from the bank. I suppose bank would be happy to loan a CM for an amount of say 10 lacs-20lacs.

9. RajaPraveen

congress and bjp are thieves in different avatars IMO, both are fvcked up to the same level and they always play the blame game on each other.

I forgot to mention the word "considered" so any source other than the ones I mentioned in my post can be considered as bribe but of course it needs to be proven. he could have gotten it from a bank which I need to research and find out , I will also find what is the actual law and regulation on accepting money in the name of hand loan because it provides the opportunity for any politician to name any kind money he gets outside of his valid income as a loan, it also becomes convenient for him to hide that kind of money and never pay back unless it was an actual loan and the lender has a repayment schedule.

10. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

/exit

11. BANHAMMER

I asked someone the actual cost given all conditions. The cost of flat on 2002 at govt rate would be 8 lacs. A 50 year old man can have that much money easily.