Event Banhammer's heroic fire rescue story.

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by BANHAMMER, Jun 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

After an uneventful Wednesday with dull everything, I was heading back from office on this Arriva bus. I generally use this time for a quick nap, but as I was about to doze off, there was some commotion, beeping sound and everyone running outside. My first reaction was general irritation with the noise, can't they just shut the hell up so that I can take a nap. But there was smoke coming out from behind the bus and that is when I thought it is a good idea to get out. I was not panicking at this moment, I was super annoyed that I have to get out of the bus, so I was walking with my usual pace. This chick behind me was in all caps, ZOMG FIRE!!! FIRE!! RUN!! and pushing me, but she couldn't because she was too tiny. I was like "this is not going to blow up, you ?#@*&%!^$~ers need to calm the ?#@*&%!^$~ down". However after 5 minutes whole place was covered in thick smoke and within 10 minutes there were flames. Replacement bus arrived soon so we left but later on the bus caught fire. Funny enough this incidence happened right in front of fire brigade office but I am not sure what the ?#@*&%!^$~ were they doing. They couldn't stop the bus from burning completely. Not to mention Arriva has ?#@*&%!^$~ed up fleet of old buses, which are broken more often than you would expect.

Here is the video I took before leaving.

Picture someone took after bus was completely ablaze.

[​IMG]

Here is local coverage of story.
    Updated with pics: Firefighters tackle Stokenchurch bus blaze (From Bucks Free Press)

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JD666: 50 Points (For keeping your cool) Jun 12, 2014
  2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

I thought I would come in here to read how you saved a kitty from a flaming apartment.

JD666 likes this.
  3. BANHAMMER

Oh well, I saved myself that is heroic enough, but this is all real. Real world is not that cinematic kid, go out sometimes, you would see it for yourself.

JD666 likes this.
  4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I agree... sometimes it's best to keep a cool head and see how best you can exit the situation. Did anyone need any assistance getting off? Or were they the regular bunch of freaked out yuppies who just glanced up from their phone, updated their status and then started planning what to do?

5. BANHAMMER

The latter. But most of them were calm, only few panicked.

6. MOZ

I was kidnapped and got out without a scratch or paying any ransom.

7. JD666

You Sir, should get a medal for that. And extra big boy pants to fit those balls in.

MOZ likes this.
  8. JD666

We could re-word the original experience and title it - "I shouldn't be alive - Fire on a bus"

Clever re-packaging, with some window smashing, infant saving action thrown in.

(p.s. - sell it to Discovery after that).

9. BANHAMMER

Yeah, well then write about it ?#@*&%!^$~.

10. MOZ

:coolstory:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2014 ---

:rock: