News BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 launched!

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by JD666, Jan 30, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Most awaited BlackBerry yet! This is either gonna save em, or be the final nails in their coffin.

This is for discussion/information on the devices

Shatter likes this.
  2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

:megusta:

JD666 likes this.
  3. mavihs

mavihs RAID Rookie

i feel it might just work!!!!
    the specs are good, the OS looks good & some of the features they are providing are good too!!!!

JD666 likes this.
  4. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

Just read the review moments ago.
    The phones no doubt look fab and the OS looks up to date as well. Hardware specs aside, IMO It will sell averagely well and the market will see old BB users upgrading. I dont see anyone getting weak in their knees because of this though.

JD666 likes this.
  5. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

As usual they will come with a lot of Telecom Vendor integration .. I want to see what the final retail product will look like.

6. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

I heard somewhere they are removing the dependency of BIS(blackberry internet service) and giving the user multi-internet service options. Is this true?

7. Luciffer

Luciffer Satan Spawn Staff Member

Two points:

1. Read in a BUSINESS (as in NOT Tech) review about the 10. Blackberry has had to bet the farm on this one. (Their stock has dipped by 8 times in the recent past) But for them to survive they have to take # 3 (phone OS) slot. With Android now with a 60+% (of smartphone) market share.. and IOS holding onto 20-something, there isn't much left for player number 3.

Now.. whereas I have no doubt that these Blackberrys will be very good and will indeed be their best ever phones.. BUT..

2. I personally have just bought and have been playing with the OTHER contender to that coveted #3 slot. From a manufacturer who finds themselves in an identical situation to RIM. They too desperately need that #3 slot. From Nokia (and Microsoft) comes the RIM dooming phone: The Windows 8 based Nokia Lumia 920.

I personally am a heavy duty Android user and have had 10+ of these devices. (Have had IOS and symbian devices but was mainly Android the last couple of years) And after playing for a couple of days with the Win8 phone, I am not going back to android (for phones, am undecided about tablets). Will write about the Lumia 920 seperately, but suffice to say that Nokia has thrown in the proverbial 'kitchen sink' into this phone, included every technology that they're capable of.. and this phone puts all my android flagship devices to shame. I can guarantee you in writing (which ofcourse, I here am) that there is No Way the blackberry's are beating the Win8 phones for that coveted #3 slot. I am so convinced of this, that I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty what my next phone upgrade's gonna be. It's the Nokia Lumia EOS, which should be here appox early next year.

As for pics to compare: (Dunno why I can't upload pics. Will try in a bit. :(

JD666 likes this.
  8. Luciffer

PICS:

Firstly, The Blackberry Q10 : (again with that godawful keyboard?)

Blackberry_Q10.jpg

The Blackberry Z10 (Much better) :

Blackberry Z10.jpg

Next the Nokia Lumia 920 : Pudgy, bulky but built like a tank :
    Best in Class : GPS , Camera (second only to Nokia's own 80:cool:, Screen (Tie with iPhone 5 but beats Galaxy S3)
    First in the World: Pentaband LTE, super sensitive Synaptics touch technology(can now be operated with gloves), Optical Image Stabilization (NOT digital), 60 FPS HD display refresh and Integrated wireless charging
    Poor RIM doesn't stand a chance. :(

Nokia Lumia 920.jpg

Now: How do you make this phone better when you've already filled it with every technology you have?
    Well, you put in a slide out Keyboad, encase it with high grade aluminum, and for good measure you put in the 41 megapixel camera of your other industry leading camera-phone (the Nokia 80:cool:
    Presenting the upcoming Nokia Lumia EOS (concept design) (sometimes also referred to as the Titanium Lumia FX800 (body's apparently going to be aluminum, not titanium)
    (Still think the crackberry's stand a chance?)

Nokia Lumia EOS concept.jpg

Titanium-Lumia-FX800.jpg

Nokia Lumia EOS FX800.jpg

JD666 likes this.
  9. Luciffer

^^^^
    These are concept designs for the EOS, who knows what the final product is gonna look like.

But the thinks known / leaked are:
    1. Nokia has announced a new concept in design for their new phone. Apparently totally different.
    2. Leaked that it's going to be in Aluminum.
    3. Will have the 41-megapixel (or higher) Nokia 808 camera.
    4. RUMORED to have the slide-out Keyboard.

10. Luciffer

One BIG thing to point out:

RIM isn't Competing with NOKIA or the Lumia 920 for #3.
    They're competing with Windows 8

RIM has 2 new phones. Win8 has premier phones already (or coming soon) like: Samsung (Ativ), HTC (8 series), Nokia (Lumia series)
    Also coming soon are bargain phones like the Huawei Ascend and the Nokia Lumia 620
    And this is just be 'beginning' :)

11. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

After the CES demos this year just wait till Samsung announces its new screen tech. & designs .. Nokia will staring in disbelief.

12. Luciffer

LOL.. this is continuous, huh? (the tech evolutions)

But.. I doubt that Nokia's coming close to Samsung in the near future..
    Or that Win8 is gonna come anywhere near even IOS, let alone Android.

My only point is.. Blabkberry seems doomed here.

Trust me.. I don't want them to go away.
    The more the players, the more the companies, the greater the competition
    And the better for us consumers.

For that reason I am happy that Nokia seems on it's way back.
    I am not brand loyal. I really don't care who wins.
    I just don't want a huge player like Nokia to disappear.

Blackberry on the other hand.. I don't see much hope for.
    Hopefully, they'll be able to survive as an "also ran" player. :(