Bluetooth Headset for office use

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Oct 26, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So I realized that I spend at least 2 hours a day on my phone discussing or troubleshooting some issue or the other at work. I would initially use the Plantronics Bluetooth, but then ended up using the headset that came with my BlackBerry device.

However, mobility is affected, thanks to the wire. So I am on the search for - a cheap, comfortable, Bluetooth headset with at least 10-15 ft of range (The Plantronics doesn't work beyond 3-4 ft). If it is stereo, it would be great, since I could probably listen to music, and it would come handy in drowing out ambient sound when I work in a noisy environment. If it has noise cancellation, that can be switched on and off, would be awesome.

I need it to last about 4 days before i charge it, a week would be better. Will be used maybe 4 hours in total over that time.

Thanks in advance!

2. JD666

Something like a Nokia BH503, but preferably with a boom mic.

3. JD666

So I found three devices that solve my purpose, though I am not too sure about each one, so putting them out here -

1) Jabra Halo2 -

53b51b8f23db11.21278751.png

53b51b911b4d92.00253298.png
    Probably the best looking and slimmest out of the bunch. Trying to find online reviews to learn more about this item.

2) Sony SBH S60 - Compact enough, but slightly different in appearance -

41G8wtbhI6L.jpg

71ULKRhd46L._SL1500_.jpg

Drawbacks of the Sony are mainly due to the design, that it cannot be folded. Everything else seems alright.

3 - I wanted to put a Jabra Move as well here, but comparing with the SBH60 and the Halo2, it is a bit bulky and big. My main purpose being calling, does not fit the features it offers.

Between the two, the Jabra Halo2 is about 15$ higher than the Sony SBH60.

What do you guys reckon?