Bubble Pizza

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by Nicko, Jun 25, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Nicko

Nicko RAID Rookie

Incredibly Tasty...:p

[​IMG]

First prepare the sauce.
    Pizza/Pasta Sauce

[​IMG]

Here is my simple tomato sauce recipe, works perfectly with pasta dishes or when thickened can be used as a pizza sauce:
    Blend 2-3 tomatoes, 1 capsicum, 1 green chili, small onion and a grated carrot together until smooth. Heat a bit of oil in a pan, like a tbsp. or even less. Then add a bit of garlic paste, followed by 1 tbsp. tomato paste.
    Once that’s cooked for a couple minutes, add the blended mixture and simmer. Add salt and a tsp. of sugar followed by a bit of tandoori masala or cumin powder or oregano or you can just leave it plain and unspiced according to your taste.
    Let it simmer until thick and all the water is gone. Then use accordingly!

Next, prepare the dough:
    INGREDIENTS
    5 cups all-purpose flour (each is 120gm)
    1 ½ cups warm water (or water mixed with some fresh milk)
    8 tbsp. oil
    2 tbsp. milk powder
    2 level tbsp. instant yeast
    ¼ tsp. baking powder
    1 tbsp. sugar
    ½ tsp. salt

INSTRUCTIONS
    Mix all the dry ingredients and the oil, then slowly start adding the warm water/milk a little at a time. Get it to a soft dough, the softer the better, knead it very well for at least 8 minutes or more if possible.
    Dab a touch of oil all over the dough, then cover it and place it somewhere warm. Leave it to rise to double its size, takes about 30 mins to an hour depending on the weather.
    Once risen, punch it down, give it a quick knead and then divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
    Roll half of the dough to about 12″, then place it on a greased pizza tray.
    Divide the second part of the dough into small balls, fill each one with cheese of your choice, I used some grated mozzarella. Seal the balls well and place them all around the border of the pizza.
    Lightly cover the pizza and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
    For the topping you can use anything that you like.

Chicken Mixture / Filling

[​IMG]

This colourful and spicy mixture works beautifully as a filling for buns, sandwiches, savoury stuffed croissants, and it can even work as a pizza topping if combined with a bit of sauce.

INGREDIENTS
    ¼ kg boneless chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
    2 small capsicum, red and green if possible, grated or chopped finely
    2 tbsp. sweet corn
    1 grated carrot
    1 small onion, chopped finely
    1-2 green chilies, chopped
    ½ tsp. garlic paste
    1 tsp. chopped coriander
    salt to taste
    ½ tsp. grinded cumin powder
    a pinch of tandoori masala (optional)
    juice of half a lemon
    1 tsp. soya sauce
    1 tbsp. butter

INSTRUCTIONS
    Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and stir fry until they’re translucent. Do not brown them. Add the chopped capsicum and grated carrot, stir-fry for about 5mins until they start to soften. Add the raw chicken pieces and keep stirring until they start browning.
    Add the chilies, garlic, salt, cumin powder, tandoori masala and sweet corn. Sauté until the chicken pieces become tender and well-done. If the mixture sticks to the pan and the chicken is not yet done, add a tbsp. of water and cover until ready.
    Make sure that the mixture is completely dry. Finally, add the coriander and soya sauce, mix well and switch off. Pour the lemon juice on the mixture, and whilst still hot, use a wooden spoon to smash the small pieces of chicken so that they become shredded. Adjust salt/chili to your taste.
    PS: You can smoke the mixture with a coal and some oil to give it a nice bbq aroma.

Pizza Toppings

[​IMG]

Some red and green capsicum.
    Pineapple chunks and sweet corn.
    Thinly sliced onions.
    Makes for the most PERFECT combination on a pizza imaginable. :)

You will also need:
    Mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese.
    1 beaten egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp. milk
    sesame seeds
    When about ready to bake, take a knife and poke small slits a few times all over the base of the pizza to prevent it from swelling up during baking.
    Preheat the oven to 180 C
    Spread the pizza sauce, sprinkle some cheese, and then add toppings of your choice. Sprinkle some more cheese on top. Then brush the balls on the border of the pizza with the beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
    Bake for about 30 minutes or until the pizza is well cooked and golden. You can first place it on the lower rack for about 10 minutes, then bring it up a notch to the center rack and continue baking until done.
    Serve! ;)

[​IMG]

anishka, SumitB, dbg and 1 other person like this.
  2. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I like your recipes, but somehow I don't accept your superb pics.. please mention if you are sharing your recipes from some other places.. like you did just now, and also if you have permission to use that person's stuff..
    but if that content is shared under creative common's license then you can just mention the source and not worry !!
    but in that case, that person will benefit more than us !!
    or we will be be in hot soup when we go online !!

3. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

no soy in pizza dough?

i tend to add finely ground dry soya chunks. it gives a distinct flavour to the pizza bread. also, i use EVO oil.even add some garlic powder.

why milk powder? any specific reasons?

for the sauce.. i take the short cut and just simmer tabasco's bloody mary potion.along with some EVO, oregano and garlic of course.

P.S: i am cleaning the thread.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

^^ EVO oil? I'm guessing you are referring to Extra Virgin Olive oil? right?

5. ManISinJpr

Yes !! EVO is for rich cooks ;)
    I use normal OO and milk powder is there just for making the yeast work extra hard and make the dough rise up more.. I think it can be avoided as I have experimented with it, sugar teaspoon turns out to be better to stimulate the yeast and giving them alone time in a soup of just warm water with sugar and dough..

6. rpm

yes, extra virgin oil. I tend to buy it when they are handing out deals on it. so there.

try to spray EVO over your pizza. it has a VERY strong flavour and smell.

tip: try to buy sealed tin EVO. it retains it's nature way better than plastic/glass bottles. atleast 50% of those plastic bottles have been subjected to light 12 hours a day, spoiling the oil in the process.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  7. ManISinJpr

Yes I pity the people who buy that in bottles etc..

8. pappu

pappu

Bhai log.....I gotta learn a lot from u guyz.

rpm : Grinding dry soy chunks (u mean the Nutrella stuff?) and adding it to the pizza dough ??? And that EVO oil too....how much does it cost?? Gotta try these ...

ManISinJpr : what is that "normal OO" ?? Olive oil...??

9. rpm

yes, nutrella. you can use the un branded stuff too.

EVO can cost upto 750/L. Can be had for lesser, but you really have to hunt for deals. I suggest that you first try with a small tin can from figaro or leonardo. EVO won't appeal to everybody. it is rather pungent. Also, read up on handling it properly. it is very sensitive to heat.

there are three varieties of Olive Oil (OO):
    Extra virgin: Oil obtained from first batch of Cold pressing of olives.
    Virgin: Oil obtained from second pressing, often hot. It is also referred to as normal olive oil.
    Pomace: Oil obtained by use of solvents from residual from second pressing. This is useless as far as the benefits of OO are concerned.

I wonder if i can find FRESH black olives around here. NOT the saline variety. I am rather sure the taste gets altered by all that salt.

pappu and ManISinJpr like this.
  10. pappu

pappu

Ohhh....and I thought that salty taste IS the natural taste of olives :eek:

Thanks for the info Sir.

ManISinJpr likes this.