Discussion Calling all Ladies 02 - Ways to Look Taller

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by RedLippieGirl, Jan 19, 2015.

Share This Page

1. RedLippieGirl

RedLippieGirl

And as promised, my second article for Raid101 -

Make sure you are logged into to see the full sized images. Guests see only a thumbnail.

Ways to Look Taller

Who among us ladies hasn’t dreamt of mile long legs? Unfortunately, not a lot of us have won the genetic lottery, so all we can pretty much do apart from ooing and aahhing over the likes of Karlie Kloss’s legs is fake it. Yes ladies, finally a faking that’s of the good kind.

1) Nude Booties: These babies help in elongating your legs by creating a monochromatic look. Before you take out your credit cards word of caution, there’s a trick to it i.e. try and find a color that is similar to your skin tone. Below is a personal favorite on mine but your options are truly endless. Also, if you can find one those pointy ones, even better because they add to the illusion of additional length.

nude boots.jpg

Image courtesy: Dolce Vita

2) Stripes: Now before you gals start giving me hard time over horizontal stripes adding to your width and vertical stripes making you imitate a jailbird, deep breadth…Just be smart about your options like the one, the below given bottoms have the perfect amount of stripes to channel your attention upwards and giving you a longer and leaner silhouette.

striped.jpg

Image courtesy: Athleta

3) Tie your hair up or chop of your mane to a sleek bob or a top knot: The reason I am telling this, is because it helps draw attention to one of the sleekest and sexiest part of our anatomy our neckline and the top knot obviously adds another 2-3 inches. Don’t believe me? Ladies, I present to you exhibit A and B.

Exhibit A -

before.jpg

Image courtesy: Marie Claire, UK

Exhibit B -

after.jpg

Image courtesy: Marie Claire, UK

4) Maxi Dresses: Come summer and this cool girl staple is not only easy and breezy but a maxi also helps in creating one long lean line. Especially if it’s in a monochromatic color like the one in the below image, this specific piece has me super nostalgic for 90’s which by the way are totally on trend this season. So bring out those blossom hats girls…no don’t, just kidding they were hideous. But right now you can just throw in a comfortable pair of combat boots and you are ready to hop on the Maxi train, choo choo…!!!

maxi.jpg

Image courtesy: Express

5) High Waisted Pants or Palazzos: The key to dress taller is to dress according to your proportions and high waisted pants and palazzos are great ways to do that especially if they your pants are wide legged too, girls think 70’s. These high waisted pants give the illusion of your legs starting at your waist line. Add in a pair of high heels, since these pants will pretty much hide them so your secret is safe darlings. The bigger heel you can rock the taller you are going to look.

HWP.jpg

Image courtesy: Shopbob.com

6) Commit to a color: Stylists across the globe swear by this tip. It doesn’t need to be an all black or an all white outfit. As long as you stay committed to a color girl you are golden. There’s this particular look that I’ve been really excited to share with you guys that has me swooning. Man, I wish I could rock this look like Miss Aniston does. But she totally won the race on red carpet for me at Critics Choice Awards.

Jennifer Aniston.jpg

Image courtesy: Dailymail.co.uk

BANHAMMER and MrsJD666 like this.
  2. MrsJD666

MrsJD666 Ruling the Devil Staff Member

Idea number 1 and 6 sound do-able. Oh.. Such a wonderful day it is to go for shopping for a new pair of nudes to match a single color outfit :)

3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Or you could start hanging on parallel bars and start drinking milk like your mom keeps telling you.
    Seriously listen to your mommies.

JD666 likes this.
  4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Genes do play a role. You can gain only so much by hanging/parallel bars etc.

5. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Then I would suggest you take those spam mails where they offer height increase, weight loss and enhancement of various body parts.