Discussion Calling All Raiders, need your input on this survey!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by madhur, Jan 31, 2013.

Share This Page

1. madhur

madhur RAID Rookie

Hi Raiders,
    need some help. As part of a management program We are doing a small study and needed some responses to a survey for tablets
    Would be a great help if you could fill up this survey. It has multiple sections and should not take more than 4 mins.

In student IS field you can use "RAID<YourEmail/Name/RAIDID>"​

Would be a great help.​

JD666 likes this.
  2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Alright done .. as RAID_dbg

have to say its was very well made .. a little longer than I expected.
    Though results dint surprise me. :)

JD666 likes this.
  3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Will fill it up.

can you elaborate more on what this is regarding.

JD666 likes this.
  4. dbg

A study on Tablet preferences .. Size Capacity Speed n Price. General, nothing brand specific.

JD666 likes this.
  5. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Thanks for responding guys! Madhur is a old school friend of Mine, an active blogger who also runs a forum.

Lucky guy got to keep the new indica vista for review by Tata!

Hoping others will also help him out with the survey.

Though one thing that I missed was input on battery life and capacity. Would like that to be as huge as possible :p

dbg likes this.
  6. JD666

7. Luciffer

Luciffer Satan Spawn Staff Member

JD666 : Took the survey.. had just a couple of points for your friend.

They seem to have lumped Brand/Operating System together. They should separate those.. since they're not the same thing in a Tablet market.
    As with my current phone search, same rule applies to tablets. I am buying based on operating system. V. Important to me here.. whereas Brand is not.. couldn't care less whether the best phone came from Nokia/Samsung/Sony .. any of the premier brands. Granted.. I'd be less inclined towards a Micromax.. but Brand here is FAR less important to me than the Operating system.

Also minor point as regards capacity. I usually don't pay too much heed to capacity, since they're mostly expandable. Now if it came to a closed system like the iPods.. all of a sudden capacity would become more relevant. Also I'd prefer 16GB + Expandability over 64GB Closed.

And WHERE is the Bekaar/Unemployed choice under the Occupation section of the survey? :)

JD666 likes this.
  8. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

The whole survey I thought about how the algo would have been designed. Neat survey!
    And with the options available it gave me my most desired Config right up. :thumbup:

Now if only the price that I was most comfortable with would be true :p

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Rockfella: 74 Points (Nice to see u here :)) Feb 1, 2013
    Rockfella and JD666 like this.
  9. JD666

Thanks guys!! Great to see you online Shatter!

Shatter likes this.
  10. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Done. Seems like i hate tablets :p

Vinny and JD666 like this.
  11. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Survey Done. :)

[​IMG]

JD666 likes this.
  12. dbg

Well I think that was done keeping in the simplest consumer in Mind .. Samsung is the market leader for Androids in India & globally .. so the brand linking helps one distinguish more easily .. That's the one thing I liked about it.

JD666 likes this.
  13. madhur

madhur RAID Rookie

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for the responses and suggestions.We are done with the survey and are compiling the results

You are right that some options did not matter as much as others such as memory and that is exactly why we put these things there.
    The idea was to find which features customers value most and what price point they are willing to pay for every feature at every point.
    For eg, if I am selling MS Windows tab, what price can i charge to compete with ipad or what extra features i could give to make it equally lucrative(assuming people value ipad more than windows)
    Similarly If i am coming out with a new version of ipad with just extra storage space, how much more consumers will be willing to pay.
    .These choices vary from individual to individual and can help us identify what the individual will pick if presented with multiple tablets to chose from.
    We can then also average it out to find on an average what the customers of a specific target segment value and make our product design based on that
    I will share some overall results soon :). You may find it intuitive or bizarre based on your individual preferences

14. madhur

madhur RAID Rookie

Some interesting results :)
    See if it makes sense

People prefer larger screens and are willing to pay more ..How much you ask?
    For the same configuration people are willing to pay RS 4800 more for upgrading to 7.9 " screen size from 7 inch and then approx. 6000 for next upgrade to 9.7 but only 255 more for 9.7 to 10.1
    The surprise/or not so surprise part comes after this
    People are NOT willing to pay more for upgrade to 11.6, on the contrary an 11.6" tablet should be around 5500 cheaper than 10.1 version for people to buy it
    People's preference to size seems to peak at around 10"

In terms of storage an upgrade from 8 GB to 16 is values at around 8000 while 16 to 32GB only at 5000 and then to 64 at 3000

Obviously these results are only indicative and not accurate. They work on averages and looking at the limited amount of data set we had, could have a lot of error .

PS: People are still willing to pay more for apple ipad than Samsung :) but the extra price is around 3500 only. So if ipad was priced just 3500 more than samsung, people would buy apple

JD666 likes this.
  15. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

i would never buy apple, even if its cheaper than samsung !

Sunit JC likes this.
  16. Luciffer

Luciffer Satan Spawn Staff Member

I soo vehemently support that..
    Oh wait.. lemme rephrase.. I'd never buy Apple at full price. :)
    Errr.. Now.. maybe if there was a deal .......

17. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member