Child Prodigy Akrit Jaswal

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by TheMightyS, Sep 11, 2012.

Share This Page

1. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

[​IMG]

Akrit Jaswal : world's youngest surgeon

Akrit Jaswal (born April 23, 1993 ) is an Indian adolescent who has been hailed as a child prodigy who has gained fame in his native India as a physician, despite never having attended medical school. He gained fame for performing surgery at the age of seven.

According to his mother Raksha Kumari Jaswal, Akrit was an early starter, skipped the toddler stage and started walking. He started speaking in his 10th month and was reading Shakespeare at the age of 5. Akrit developed a passion for science and anatomy at an early age. Doctors at local hospitals took notice and started allowing him to observe surgeries when he was 6 years old. Inspired by what he saw, Akrit read everything he could on the topic. When he was seven years old, an impoverished family unable to pay for regular healthcare heard about his amazing abilities, and asked if he would operate on their daughter. The surgery was successful and was widely celebrated. Akrit hopes to someday continue his studies at the Imperial College London.

He became India's youngest university student studying for a BSc in Punjab University, Chandigarh, India. He is currently studying for a master's degree in applied chemistry.

Akrit Jaswal has an estimated IQ of 146. How do kids like these end up on Oprah's but not our news channels.this is when he was 12 year old

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Okay .. hold up. An untrained 7 year old performing an evasive medical procedure. :whatisthis:

What kind of grown-up actually allowed it to happen. I'm a little disturbed by this fact.

Wiz-kid alright .. but if something were to go wrong young Akrit Jaiswal would have a been a minor to be even considered for Trial .. this story smells.

harryneopotter likes this.
  3. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

forget the surgery part.. how bout his IQ.. and oprah winfrey..

4. dbg

High IQ and Opera Winfrey dont go well in the same sentence.

JD666 likes this.
  5. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

6. dbg

Kid is smart .. no doubt and surely enough hes following his dream path.. just would suggest him to stay off such surgical adventures lest it spoil his career.

7. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

146 isnt much high of an IQ !
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 11, 2012 ---
    i personally know two ppl with IQ higher than that !

8. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

and what bout the part on OUR NEWS CHANNELS or any other channel not even celebrating his achievements
    as a kid.. thats huge.. and considering the number of ppl u know running into thousands.. isnt TWO a very small number

9. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I have an higher IQ than that the last time i got it checked.. Alcohol might have lowered it a bit. :p

10. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

those are the only two ppl whose IQ i know, and both have higher than 146 !

11. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

yeah kid prodigies are pretty much useless in real world. they are just good to talk about in talk shows and what not.
    In reality what have child prodigies ever achieved?

harryneopotter likes this.
  12. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Oh Please! Stop talking about me and my wife...:giiggle:

JD666 and dbg like this.
  13. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

DINT EXPECT THIS FROM YOU.. i thought u merited facts

anyway heres ur answer WIKI

14. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

Why are we so fascinated by people like Akrit Jaswal, IQ 146, who performed his first surgery at seven years old; or Kim Ung-Yong, IQ 210, who attended university at age four and received his doctorate in physics at age fifteen;

source

15. BANHAMMER

Frankly speaking I don't give a flying ?#@*&%!^$~. He won math olympiad and got phd at age of 23, who ?#@*&%!^$~ing cares?
    Has he invented time machine? NO
    has he invented cure for cancer? NO
    has he solved Riemann's hypotheis? NO
    has he solved memory fragmentation issues? NO
    has he done human cloning? NO

So when you achievements like these, please come and talk to me. Else I really don't ?#@*&%!^$~ing care if 15 year olds get three Phds or 5 medals in olympiads.

16. dbg

To put it politely this Child Prodigy is actually an Academic Prodigy .. something we over-celebrate in India. Hope this kid goes on to do wonderful things with his mind.

17. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

Marie Curie (1867-1934)

Areas of Expertise: Physics, chemistry and radioactivity
    Notable Achievement: The first woman to win a Nobel Prize; and just for good measure, she won two
    Secret to Her Success: Wanted to be in her element, so she discovered it

[​IMG]Born in Warsaw, Poland, Marie Sklodowska was the child of two teachers who placed great importance on education for all of their children. This wasn’t a problem for four-year-old Marie, who, just by hanging around her four older siblings, taught herself how to read (Russian and French) and was known to help her brothers and sisters with their math homework. It was also at age four that she began to freak people out with her incredible memory, as she was able to recall events that had happened years before (“Remember that time when I was three months old and you put my diaper on backwards, idiot?”) As a teenager, Marie was anxious to attend college, but her family couldn’t afford it since her father had lost his teaching job, so she spent five grueling years earning money as a governess (it wasn’t like The Sound of Music at all; the kids were stupid, and there was no singing or dancing). But her time came in 1891, and she headed for the Sorbonne in Paris. There, she discovered future husband Pierre Curie, along with the radioactive elements radium and polonium. In her thirties, Marie worked closely with her husband, and together they devised the science of radioactivity, for which they were awarded a Nobel Prize in physics. After Pierre’s death in 1906, Marie continued her work, winning her second Nobel (this time in chemistry) at age 44.

Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

Areas of Expertise: Painting, drawing, sculpture
    Notable Achievement: The most famous name in modern art
    Secret to His Success: Quantity and quality

Everyone knows that Picasso achieved artistic fame and success as an adult, but little Pablo was quite the prodigy, too. In fact, it’s said that Picasso had an interest in drawing even before he could speak. Perhaps that’s why, once he finally could talk, he immediately started demanding that his father (an artist himself) give him his paintbrushes. And when he became old enough to go to school, pushy little Pablo said he would only go on the condition that, while there, he could draw as much as he liked. Fortunately, the headmaster and the other students recognized Picasso’s gift, and more or less allowed him to come, go, and work as he pleased. Years later, the adult Picasso attended an exhibit of children’s drawings and commented that he could never have been in such a show because at age 12, he “drew like Raphael.” A little modesty might have done him some good, but in fact, drawings that survive from his childhood suggest that prepubescent Pablo could indeed have given the great Renaissance artist a run for his money. Picasso’s many contributions to modern art—including cubism, “Guernica,” and people drawn with two eyes on one side of their face—are too exhaustive to list here. By the time of his death, he’d created over 22,000 works of art.

Paul Erdös (1913-1996)

Area of Expertise: Mathematics
    Notable Achievements: It would take a mathematician to explain them
    Secret to His Success: Loved numbers, tolerated everything else

[​IMG]Paul Erdös was multiplying three-digit numbers for kicks when he was three. At age four, he started playing around with prime and negative numbers. Not much later, he developed a cute little habit of asking people their ages and then computing how many seconds they’d been alive. Never able to shake his passion for numbers, Erdös grew up to become arguably the most prolific mathematician in history, authoring or co-authoring almost 1,500 mathematical papers. In fact, collaborating with Erdös was such a point of prestige that—to this day—to this day—mathematicians assign themselves “Erdös numbers,” which works sort of like the fabled Kevin Bacon game. An Erdös number indicates how closely a person has worked with the great one: Those who co-authored a paper with him have a number of 1, those who wrote a paper with one of his co-authors have a number of 2, and so on. Never had the pleasure of writing a mathematics paper? Congratulations, you have an Erdös number of infinity. Now go balance your checkbook.

hope this puts the debate to rest!!!

18. BANHAMMER

Yeah, but they didn't discover anything as child prodigy. As far as I know madam curie made her discoveries after a decade of toiling her life in the lab.
    These people achieved whatever they did and later in hindsight they were all called child prodigies and what nots. I watched documentary about Freddie mercury, he was also called prodigy NOW since we already know how he turned out, it is all glamorization once someone achieves enough fame.
    Only person who has composed great music before becoming full adult is Amadeus, who was known as child prodigy as well he turned out to be great even later in life.
    we all suddenly start sucking on as soon we hear "oh my good he is so great he has two phds at 14" whereas as an adult these guys really have no breakthrough.
    Ankit fadia and Tathagat tusli has done squat, but they are both child prodigies?

19. dbg

Plz dont use Ankit Fadia as an example .. :oops:

20. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

werent we discussing did CHILD PRODIGIES do anything in life.. and most child prodigies went wayward probably coz they could not handle the fame and adulation at an early age.. and they squatted their way through after missing opportunities.. remember my friend OPPORTUNITY does not KNOCK TWICE