CNG Kit in Delhi, Cheap and Best.

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by harryneopotter, Jun 19, 2012.

Share This Page

1. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

Hello all guys,

Once again, my "Friend" is buying a car (Maruti) , and is looking for a good VFM CNG kit to install in the vehicle. Please suggest if you have any reliable sources (i.. from where to buy/get installed, which brand if any, price etc).

My "friend" will be really grateful of any help we can provide :)

in advance ----- :kiss3:

2. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

What !! you are taking too much trouble for your friend..
    I say just suggest him some yellow pages kind of thing and let it be ;)

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

And posting in the wrong section!
    --- Post Merged: Jun 19, 2012 8:13 AM ---
    CNG kits for cheap can be found in Noida, and Gurgaon. Basically all the areas where the commuters live.

issue is that there are some branded ones like lovato, tomasito ( i hope i got the name right ) etc, and then chinese ones as well.

CNG kits also have 2 types, indirect injection, and direct port injection. The direct port injections are pretty expensive, but offer better efficiency, and lesser power loss when compared to running on petrol. around 35-40k for a kit, second hand ones I am not sure, but will be cheaper.

The generic ones are between 18-25k for a new one, and anything between 9 - 15k for a second hand one.

Please check the cylinder before you buy it. The old fashioned cylinders are super duper heavy ( 110-120 kgs ), for a 12 kg CNG tank. Newer ones are lighter, though marginal.

Oh, and do look at upgrading the rear shock absorbers in your "Maruti" to compensate for the bounce created by the additional weight.

SumitB likes this.
  4. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

how much expense are u talking about when u say "upgrading the rear shock absorbers" ?

tagging rpm, mystic_dreamer, @kauffman !
    --- Post Merged: Jun 19, 2012 9:45 AM ---
    wats the right section ?

5. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

i have no clue. i can however tell you about rogue diesel walas who fill crap for diesel money.

6. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

The section it is in now. Ill check about the shock absorbers and get back to you. Should not be more than 2-3k. Actually not needed right away if the existing suspension is in good shape.