Review - Hardware Cooler Master Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Review

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussions' started by Karthik prasad, Jun 21, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Karthik prasad

Karthik prasad RAID Rookie

[​IMG]
    The day had arrived when I was finally ready to purchase a set of Gaming keyboard and a high end mouse!

Driven by my excitement I surfed through many websites to find ‘the One’ .Unfortunately my expectations were quickly brought down by a strong medium with lots of zeros at the end.
    Shocking as it was, all I could shout out was “The prices are too damn high!!’ Razer? Steelseries? None of them fit my budget. I could literally buy a new monitor for the price tag!
    That was when I set my heart on Cooler Master-The Devastator Gaming Gear combo which includes a MB24 membrane keyboard and a MS2K optical mouse, built for the kill with its grip coating keys and quality build performance, for just 3000 Rs.(current price according to FlipKart).
    IMG_8925.jpg
    Trust me you are not going to break your wallet, nor will you be unsatisfied once you own this monster. Blue LED light which free you from the night work struggle (also helps me in identifying the dirt that is stored in the gap).
    The standard DPI with a resolute activate button helped me in increasing my kill streak in BF3, I call it the poor man's gaming gear. Wait it’s not the end of it let me take you on a trip to the tech land were we shall determine the fate of the gear.
    It is possible that after reading the overview your reaction would be “Take my money now” But unfortunately the monster does have its setbacks
    MB24 membrane keyboard -
    I would like to start off with the keys, since being a writer it’s important that I make sure the punctuations are in the right place but it’s not helpful if I am not able to distinguish between a comma and a full stop (as the image below shows). This also made me lose my internship(Thank you Cooler Master). As funny as it sounds a error in the design pattern of the keys can be quite frustrating sometimes, Though it is a Gaming keyboard that doesn’t seem to be its single purpose! Now does it?

IMG_8927.jpg

Next up, again I am forced to target the key patterns, this time it is the color coating. Unless I have a magnifying glass beside me to hold over the keyboard, the keys are barely visible to view with the LED light switched off. When compared to my old Dell keyboard, even on a bright day(Though my PC is exposed to sunlight right next to the window) I am forced to use the LED lights. Who likes looking at blue keys all the time.We don't live in the Tron world :)

MS2K optical mouse -

Build quality - Performance does matter but without quality the product loses its purpose. After a few weeks of scrolling up and down, I hear a faint scritch sound every time I scroll. Might be a minor defect but it still compromises the feeling of quality and also my concentration while sniping.

IMG_8929.jpg

Gaming resolution - The limited DPI, Come on, just 2000!!? This came out to be disappointment from Cooler Master. It might be an over-kill for noobs or regular users, but for 24/7 gamers you would be wiping your tears right away after losing your First Multiplayer on this gear but then again some call it The Beginners pack so it is debatable. A higher resolution would've been a welcome feature adding to the Value for money feeling.

That’s all I have with Cons. Now it is time we look into the Pros list

MB24 membrane keyboard -

- Shortcut keys - They always come handy, especially when you are playing Multiplayer. One simply cannot just press ESC, go to the Start-Up menu, decrease the volume and resume gaming. There are some of us who are addicted to music and it becomes hard to work without it! Changing the track or pausing it, Ahh its time consuming isn’t it? That is where the shortcut keys again make their entrance, providing us with STOP PAUSE NEXT BACK AND VOLUME button. This kills the stress without stopping our flow of work.

IMG_8930.jpg

The MS2K optical mouse provides a smooth surface layer coating and thick solid rubber pads on both sides. The mouse has an increased stability and can be used even without the pad. The flat ergonomic surface body makes it easy for gamers to go on for hours. The last time when i played a 2 hour campaign in BF3 i found no issues also when i was working on a magazine design layout for nearly 7 hours my wrist wasn't swollen like before

And now to summarize, the following are the points that I believe this gear deserves -

- Providing us with an Ergonomic keyboard and mouse
    - Anti-slip surfaces and
    - Apart from all the technical aspects the one plus point about the gear is its price

Features: 3/5

Design and Build Quality: 3/5

Performance: 4/5

Overall rating 3.5/5

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Thunderer: 50 Points (good work well deserved) Jun 24, 2014
    JD666: 50 Points (Great start) Jun 24, 2014
    WingZero, dbg and BANHAMMER like this.
  2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Welcome man, that is a good article. Get more of this stuff.

3. Karthik prasad

Thanks guys:handshake: ,I surely will !

4. Invader

Invader RAID Rookie

good one ...

i was planning to get this .. but i guess its not worth .. after using the deathadder for about 2 years now ... i dont think this will suffice my needs .. though if someone is interested .. can split the bundle with him .. you keep the mouse :p give me the keyboard xD

Karthik prasad and JD666 like this.
  5. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

:p I got my eye on a Mechanical one for the office.

6. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Nice article. Finally out of the drafts.

Karthik prasad likes this.
  7. Karthik prasad

Thanks guys :)