News Customers Are Already Lining Up for the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by DaRampage, Sep 17, 2012.

Share This Page

1. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

Customers Are Already Lining Up for the iPhone 5

A lineup has already formed for the new iPhone 5 at the flagship Fifth Ave Apple Store, reports Fortune.

Yesterday they were seven people lined up, each for business purposes. Today there appears to be ten people notes AppleInsider.

The first two in line are Hazem Sayed, 54, and his marketing manager Sage, 31, who started the line on Thursday at 8 a.m. -- eight days early -- to promote their social media startup called Vibe.

Jessica Mellow, 27, and Keenen Thompson, 22, are third and fourth in line. Mellow is blogging about her experience this week at iphonewhatever.com. Keenen is the assistant to a Conde Nast fashion writer. Their wait is being sponsored by Gazell who is providing food, drink, camp chairs, sleeping bags, Gazelle-branded t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, wrist bands, and, in case of rain, a tent.

Lol crazy people, must be sponsored by Apple.

545539_363474867068296_1388376286_n.jpg

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Jesus christ, such a grand scale of stupidity.

Aragorn likes this.
  3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So the store is open to sell other stuff. These guys are lined up for the iPhone 5 only? Wow.

I saw a line at 6 am in Mumbai outside crossword when the last Harry Potter book was released. But had this been India, all the phones would have been sold by the manager thru the back door.

Or some dudes would have simply waltzed in, completely ignored the line and would have muscled their way to a phone.

I like their dedication, Just sad that I won't get to see such things in my country.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Speaks volumes about the advertising-programmed consumerist culture that's quite prevalent.

Is this something that's worth bragging about , " I bought the latest iPhone 26 hours before you did"

Not the least bit concerned by the fact that prior to their owning it , Iphones spend countless hours in the hands of toiling Chinese workers.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

5. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

6. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

Apple blew through the first batch of iPhone 5s almost as soon as pre-orders started, and the frenzy continued after that. Apple is now saying pre-orders for the new phone reached over 2 million in just the first 24 hours, twice the record set by the iPhone 4S.
    Apple's senior VP of Worldwide Marketing put it this way:
    iPhone 5 pre-orders have shattered the previous record held by iPhone 4S and the customer response to iPhone 5 has been phenomenal. iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, the most beautiful product we've ever made, and we hope customers love it as much as we do.
    Incremental upgrade or not, you can't deny one thing: that sucker is flying off the shelves. Break down the numbers, and you'll see that comes out to 1,389 iPhones pre-ordered per minute, 23 per second. If you haven't laid claim to one yet, you might be in for quite the wait. [Apple]

7. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

8. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

thats in one day RajaPraveen compare to galaxy s 3's what 15-20 days

9. RajaPraveen

10. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

4s in one day of announcement .. sold 1m
    5 in one day sold 2m

by the time of launch.. i.e on 21st who knows what the new record will be

11. RajaPraveen

I am sure it will be magical, just like the imaginary numbers you posted :rofl:

galaxy s3 has sold 1 billion phones since it got released i wonder what record it will be,may be a 45 rpm lp record :rofl:

12. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

now dun get personal.. i gave the link(see my post above) to the numbers and u gave yours .. btw s3 TARGETS to reach 30m Sales by the end of the year according to Samsung ..

btw LP record sounds like the next samsung Phablet.. 12 in and more curvaceous ;)

13. RajaPraveen

I care less if samsung sells 2 phones by the end of this year, we were talking pre-orders and apple has 2 million while s3 had 9, end of story.

Don't just use the word personal when ever you feel like where it makes zero sense.

14. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

didnt u say imaginary numbers YOU posted.. what is it if it aint personal.. also i care a god-damned horse shit who sells more but if u read closely between the lines the pre orders are still on and the 2m figures are for ONE FOOKIN DAY whereas samsung figures are for the whole period .. cant you get something as simple and clearly mentioned as this.. S3 was announced on 3rd may .. made available to the public on 29th may.. 26 days of pre-ordering got you 9m, which compare to 3 days of pre-orders for 4s got 4m and 1 day for 5 got 2m ... translate the s3 figures then u get 0.31m for a day or 1.2m for 4 days..

15. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Anything other to discuss here besides the math.

Apple has a higher first day count, Samsung had a higher count overall. Time will tell which phone was more popular pre-release.

The big number of iPhone sales come from the Telecom companies which place multi-billion orders.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

16. RajaPraveen

Yes i said the imaginary numbers you posted, which means we need proof to back up your claims. I have noticed many times before where you created threads and made posts with no proper source, if that is getting personal i guess i will keep doing that over and over again.

You created a thread called :Surprise! Apple fans turn Samsung’s iPhone 5 attack ad on its head | RAID101

In the same thread you called my post a rant, did i cry calling that a personal attack? i rather gave a valid reply.
    I would suggest you understand the difference between personal attack and try and type proper English because it is seriously getting hard to understand most of what you say.

Now lets get back to the numbers, i see you trying to cook some numbers there which makes no sense :rofl: again.

I guess you failed to read the link i posted, as usual like all apple users you ignore everything and get blinded by apple magic.The same link says "When the phone arrives, it will instantly become the fastest selling gadget in history, beating out the iPhone 4S's four million units sold in three days."

Samsung Galaxy S3 release date: Pre-orders hit 9m, beating iPhone 4s' 4m | Mail Online

How did you cook this 26 days and 9 million story?

The Samsung Galaxy S3 definitely looks set to be a surefire winner in terms of hardware sales by the time it is officially released to the mass market, simply because it managed to rack up a whopping 9 million units in pre-orders globally, taking just two weeks to arrive at this figure ever since it was first announced at an event in London earlier this May

Samsung Galaxy S3 pre-orders hit 9 million units worldwide | Ubergizmo

I never knew two weeks translated to 26 days.

Going by your logic iPhone5 was launched on September 12, on sep-17 apple announces they hit 2 million in pre-orders so that's 5 days for 2 million.

Galaxy s3 was launched on 3rd may 2012 and on and on may-17 reports starts rolling that there are 9 million in pre-orders so that's 14 days for 9 million.

Based on the pre-order figure, Canaccord Genuity technology analyst Michael Walkley raised his estimate to 9 million to 10 million iPhone 5 units sold by September 29

iPhone 5 preorders top 2M in first 24 hours, shattering record | Apple - CNET News

According to Cnet they might reach 9 or 10 million in sep-29 so that is 9 or 10 million in 17 days.

These sales numbers and pre-order numbers of both the companies cannot be compared as Apple has an unfair advantage, they have foxconn which is a child killing alcatraz grade manufacturing facility where they have mini planet for manufacturing.Samsung on the other hand manufacture their own phones and they don't have such huge resource for phone manufacturing so for them to keep up with their pre-orders it will take a longer period of time than what foxconn can do.

Here you post stating you care "some word i did not understand" about who sells more but you don't fail to point out apple had 2 million pre-orders in one "some gibberish non sense" day.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    initpidzero: 20 Points (you sire won an internet. details ftw.) Sep 18, 2012
    harryneopotter: 21 Points (^ same as above !) Sep 18, 2012
    harryneopotter and initpidzero like this.
  17. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

Yes i said the imaginary numbers you posted, which means we need proof to back up your claims. I have noticed many times before where you created threads and made posts with no proper source, if that is getting personal i guess i will keep doing that over and over again.

You created a thread called :Surprise! Apple fans turn Samsung’s iPhone 5 attack ad on its head | RAID101

In the same thread you called my post a rant, did i cry calling that a personal attack? i rather gave a valid reply. I DIDNT
    I would suggest you understand the difference between personal attack and try and type proper English because it is seriously getting hard to understand most of what you say. SMS did it to me. please do not blame me.. smash my iPhone instead .. i Thought sms lingo was acceptable everywhere these days sir

Now lets get back to the numbers, i see you trying to cook some numbers there which makes no sense :rofl: again.

I guess you failed to read the link i posted, as usual like all apple users you ignore everything and get blinded by apple magic.The same link says "When the phone arrives, it will instantly become the fastest selling gadget in history, beating out the iPhone 4S's four million units sold in three days." and u by BLACK MAGIC.. ur so called fastest selling device after is 9m preorders has managed to reach 20m devices shipped .. yes SHIPPED .. not sold.. to 4S's 85 million

Samsung Galaxy S3 release date: Pre-orders hit 9m, beating iPhone 4s' 4m | Mail Online

How did you cook this 26 days and 9 million story? the 26 days and 9m story is from WIKIPEDIA.. see launch date and arrival date HERE

The Samsung Galaxy S3 definitely looks set to be a surefire winner in terms of hardware sales by the time it is officially released to the mass market, simply because it managed to rack up a whopping 9 million units in pre-orders globally, taking just two weeks to arrive at this figure ever since it was first announced at an event in London earlier this May

Samsung Galaxy S3 pre-orders hit 9 million units worldwide | Ubergizmo

I never knew two weeks translated to 26 days. it, infact took more than 26 days arriving in many countries as late as mid june

Going by your logic iPhone5 was launched on September 12, on sep-17 apple announces they hit 2 million in pre-orders so that's 5 days for 2 million. JUST BECAUSE I GIVE A PRESS RELEASE ON A DATE DOESNT MEAN IT HAPPENED ON THAT DATE.. i thought you understood how print media and new reports and press release worked

Galaxy s3 was launched on 3rd may 2012 and on and on may-17 reports starts rolling that there are 9 million in pre-orders so that's 14 days for 9 million.

this is what wikipedia says

Based on the pre-order figure, Canaccord Genuity technology analyst Michael Walkley raised his estimate to 9 million to 10 million iPhone 5 units sold by September 29 lets talk figures instead of estimates

iPhone 5 preorders top 2M in first 24 hours, shattering record | Apple - CNET News

According to Cnet they might reach 9 or 10 million in sep-29 so that is 9 or 10 million in 17 days. lets talk figures instead of estimates

These sales numbers and pre-order numbers of both the companies cannot be compared as Apple has an unfair advantage, they have foxconn which is a child killing alcatraz grade manufacturing facility where they have mini planet for manufacturing.Samsung on the other hand manufacture their own phones and they don't have such huge resource for phone manufacturing so for them to keep up with their pre-orders it will take a longer period of time than what foxconn can do.

after debating superiority now u debate on a policies.. and your knowledge of child killing alcatraz seems immense to me .. so immense that i feel u have first hand knowledge.. although since most here havent been inside.. and our knowledge is limited to NEWS REPORTS which after months of news mongering have given a clean chit.. in fact even apple conducted their own RANDOM checks .. also recent reports suggested samsung was being investigated

heres sm news snippets

Samsung Labor Practices Under Fire Once Again | WebProNews

Samsung to re-evaluate labor practices in China - Yahoo! Finance

the report is as recent as 5th sept

Here you post stating you care "some word i did not understand" about who sells more but you don't fail to point out apple had 2 million pre-orders in one "some gibberish non sense" day.

i would like to state this is not a battle or debate for supremacy .. all i am trying to do here is stand by what i said .. and for the fun of it discuss figures.. yes you did enlighten me with your point of view but i hope to do the same with facts.. also i do credit my current posts with source and yes i do not make up stories just to prove a point .. i strive to make only VALID points..

peace out!!