Developments in the Auto Industry in the Month of July 2012

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Jul 4, 2012.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Audi reaches top spot in the Indian Luxury Car Market.

In June, car maker Audi edged out market leader BMW in sale of Luxury Cars in India to gain the top spot. According to SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) Audi had a sale 759 units vs 750 units by BMW for June,2012. The surge in Audi's sales are mainly attributed to the newly launched Audi Q3 in India.

BMW however has disputed these numbers claiming that Audi has submitted wholesale & not retail numbers to SIAM and that its actual retail sale has been 718 units vs 750 of BMW. Nevertheless Audi has shown tremendous growth in India and has doubled its sales figures since the same time last year.

BMW on the hand, which has been the market leaders for over two years, has seen its growth stunted by its aging portfolio but plans to refresh promising a launch of 4 models this year.

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

dbg - these threads are supposed to be prepared in our own language. Don't post sourced information here. Re-word and make your own version of the news. See the thread for june as an example.

3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Bbbutt.. I did reword it .. honest :D

I read the article during my lunch and then wrote down what I remembered, here .. 0:)

4. JD666

alright. Just remove the source. We are preparing our own news here, so no need to give any sources.

5. JD666

2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R bookings commence.

Bajaj has priced the 2012 model at about 80,000 Rs more over the previous model ( 5,80,000 vs 4,97,000 ).

A fluctutating Rupee has been the reason behind this hike.

However The 2012 model is way better looking/designed than the outgoing 650R.

However at about 6.5 Lakhs on road, does make it out of reach from the enthusiast who wanted a greater than 250cc motorcycle.

Oh, and only about 5 bikes to be booked per ProBiking outlet at the onset.

6. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

It is good pricing compared to the 250CC, i am planning to buy the triumph speed triple next year(will be my first bike ever), what is your thoughts about that bike?

btw that 5,80,000 is on road or ex showroom?

7. JD666

Thats ex-showroom. The only issues that anyone has pointed out with Triumph is that the 3 cylinder engine has its own particular vibration, which can tend to irritate a few during a highway jaunt or just regular cruising. So basically do test it properly before investing in it.

8. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

Yeah i will test the bike before i buy, its between the street triple and the speed triple(i like the looks of the speed triple more). I like the sound that triumph makes and heard from a lot of bikers in europe that triump's are a joy to ride.

JD666 likes this.
  9. JD666

yes, the engine character is very different from the Japanese engines that we are used to. Something that I am realizing even on the duke. After being fed a steady diet of jap bikes, these ( ducati/triumph/ktm ) come across as a refreshing change.

10. JD666

Mahindra overtakes Tata to be number 3 in India now!

- After Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra has now overtaken Tata to be the 3rd largest Automobile manufacturer in India. By a slim margin of 1099 cars, however still!

11. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Always mention source.. all of sites do for a reason !! check even engadget !!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2012 ---
    My friend in Delhi has th eTriumph Rocket.. so if you want to drive that beast, you know who to call..

12. JD666

If we are compiling our own news, do we need to post source? We are wording it in our own way.

13. ManISinJpr

Don't break what is going on, when someone asks what is the source of your news, what is the journo who made this story?

then ???
    don't break a pattern !!
    When even aol and MS blogs follow it.. there must be a reason !

14. JD666

A lil birdie told me :p

15. ManISinJpr

Then you trust that birdie. Sorry.

16. JD666

j/k!!!

17. JD666

The Nissan Evalia, which was showcased at the Auto expo has been spotted undergoing tests. Which basically means that the MPV segment is going to heat up further. For it might slot in between the Ertiga and the Innova, and offer more space, more seating capacity and competitive refinement levels that will make the Tata Winger look like a model from the 60s ( which it nearly does look/feel like )!!

18. JD666

With the strike and lock out at the Manesar plant of Maruti Suzuki, comes to light another sad reality of how little control the Haryana government has over its labor force.

Rather than the CM commenting on taking any action, there has been nothing forthcoming from his office even. This is really sad. That too especially after states like Gujrat are standing with their arms wide open to invite and entice!!

This was the undoing of Faridabad ( the first/largest industrial hub of Haryana ), and now it seems/looks like Gurgaon is also headed that way really really soon!

19. JD666

Volkswagen looks at bringing the Up! sooner that we thought.

The new cute, nimble little machine from Volkswagen looks to make its Indian debut really soon. Also sold as a rebadged Skoda Citigo, there are rumors abound that the vehicle would be seen on Indian Roads sooner than we thought. Supposedly to be slotted under the Polo ( Sub 5 lakh segment ). Keep your eyes peeled, it could give Maruti a run for its money in the refinement, quality and durability department!!

20. JD666

BMW launches the new 3 series in India! Woot! Between 28-37 Lakhs, however this is the new style statement!!

dbg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.