Developments in the Automotive Industry in the month of June

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Jun 5, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Mahindra Scorpio covers 10 years!

Wow.. its been 10 years of wannabe politicians running around in the hunking piece of metal! 10 years and 3 versions of Mahindra trying really hard to get it right.. but sadly not happening for them.. So they chuck everything and work on a new ground up design. Good thinking!

Here's hoping that the next 1o years will have others also wanting a go at owning a Scorpio, other than the politicos!

Honda testing Diesel engines for Brio/City -

Another one falls to the mighty Indian! Hehe.. From Pizza hut being forced to make chicken tikka pizza, to McDonalds having to resort to put green ?#@*&%!^$~ney in their burgers, we Indians have managed to bend nearly everyone out there. And Honda could not have been an exception. After sitting ringside to the Diesel market for nearly 15 years, and seeing the Diesel demand rise every year, the boffins at Japan have finally had to smell some of the sticky stuff.

Great. This works great for Honda, and is bad for the diesel runaway in the segment, the Vento.

However how this pans out in the current scenario with the government thinking of further taxing diesel, this could just be a case of too little too late.

But knowing Indians, that a) Their favourite car b) and Their favourite car in Diesel!!!

MrsJD666 likes this.
  2. JD666

Ford testing new Figo

mystic_dreamer - Spy shots of a new FIgo being tested are doing the rounds... Suspecting a diwali launching!!! Funny thing is the dudes from Ford were testing a yellow car! Which is so so so look at me!!

Another Ford news.

Ford eCoSport wins International engine of the year award.

An award thats been heavily contested between the Germans, goes to an American. The Ecosport 1 litre engine is quite a revelation in new tech. And rightly so.
    BTW the engine block has been developed by a close friend of mine. Who will be joining this family soon!!

Audi Buys Ducati...

What else is new... So we can expect Aluminum spaceframes and weight reduction technologies... oh and DRL lights!!!! lol.

idutt, MrsJD666, ManISinJpr and 2 others like this.
  3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Excellent thread!

4. WingZero

WingZero RAID Rookie

I really like Figo. More details JD please

p.s. I wish to own a Mustang one day :D

idutt and ManISinJpr like this.
  5. JD666

Year of the MPV... Launches follow the Ertiga...

After the successful launch of the Ertiga, and an indefinite waiting period for the ZDI model, has kicked all the other manufacturers in the backside.

Nissan brings in their MPV Evalia. Other than the sliding doors, the car/van has everything going for it.

For ages we've had the requirement for a cheap people mover. We are still the country of joint families and extended families... The days of packing ourselves like sardines in a tin can are gone... We have grown fat, obese and need our space and comfort now! The Innova is too expensive, and the EECO is too cheap. Enter the Ertiga..

And then suddenly everyone else says, "Why dint we think of it! " What were you doing!!!

Chevrolet also plans to test the waters with their MPV Enjoy ( Dint really like the name though ). The only downer is that its too van like, and rides on puny 14 inch wheels. Other than that with a great engine, it has the makings of being a runner up to the Ertiga. Why? Coz Chevy still has a better dealer network than Nissan. However the Engine department is where Nissan could take the cake, making for an equal platform across all of its models.

Face lifted Cruze to be launched...

This is one hot bit.. and its not just a facelift.. Apparently the engine takes benefit from some turbo jig-ma-thig that gives it an addition 25 bhp!!! And this one looks even better than the previous model. Though what I really like is the fact, is that the previous model still looks fresh ( unlike Honda who make their previous model look downright dowdy, making it an embarrassment to be seen in ).

Oh, and the Station wagon of the cruze looks mean... Wanna scare those nosy pesky neighbour's kids.. Offer to take them along with your kids in the station wagon for Ice cream >:)
    --- Post Merged: Jun 22, 2012 5:08 PM ---
    Renault Duster tested... Bookings to start end June/July

So the duster has come out of the cupboard, and is on a cleaning spree... Though the front looks extremely stoned.. like a dude on coke, or someone wearing love goggles, it does make for a great proposition in the SUV/hunking metal crazy market.

Price it below 10L, and you are gonna make an official entry in India Renault, and do away with the dumb name plated Micras ( face it.. the Nissan was doomed to sell, and you just double doomed it with the Pulse ).

With an whole new interior that is exclusive to India ( They swear that only the A/C vents are from the Logan ), this will appeal massively to the hungry for massive hunk of metal for minimum price masses.

idutt, MrsJD666 and ManISinJpr like this.
  6. vasishta.sushant

vasishta.sushant Some title...

Yupp checked the pics. I am really not finding any changes on the exterior. I just wish they improve the plastic quality instead.

7. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

I read a new article the other day that due to cost cutting Indian Car manufacturers are switching to Plastic petrol tanks instead of the usual Steel?? ones ..

8. vasishta.sushant

vasishta.sushant Some title...

yupp thats true.

9. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

The Mighty Super AUDI S4 has been laughed with 330 bhp super charged TFSI V6 and some 400nm of torque with a 0-100 time of 5 seconds, has a 7 speed stronic gear box and quattro with torque vectoring :D

Audi is winning with the Q3 and S4.

JD666 and ManISinJpr like this.
  10. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Audi FTW !!! I love how aggressive and prepared they are in India !! superb company and superb cars, just recently they launched the Q3 and now this !!

11. MrsJD666

MrsJD666 Ruling the Devil Staff Member

I saw a Chevrolet yesterday morning on the highway on my way to work. I was in a hurry and that guy was cruising at 60 - 70 kmph so could not really estimate the size and shape pretty well. The car had both its front and rear looks covered but the shape for some reason very close to Xylo but smaller in size.

JD666 likes this.
  12. ManISinJpr

Good news for All those interested in the Ford Eco sport !!
    It is here !! have a look !

Ford Eco sport.jpg

Ford Eco sport1.jpg

Ford Eco sport3.jpg

Ford Eco sport4.jpg

Ford Eco sport5.jpg

Ford Eco sport222222222222222222222222.jpg

idutt, MrsJD666 and JD666 like this.
  13. JD666

The Dzire next to it does give an idea of its proportion, and the fact that its way taller and has better ground clearance.

This is gonna be Ford's comeback not only in India but in other South East Asian Countries as well. Wait and watch.

I am so buying this!!!!

Nucleus, idutt and ManISinJpr like this.
  14. MrsJD666

MrsJD666 Ruling the Devil Staff Member

:udontsay:

idutt likes this.
  15. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

hmm have to stay in touch

16. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

17. ManISinJpr

It is much more than that !!

18. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Figo is a decent hit, and now the EcoSport if priced right can take the market by storm. Must watch!

ManISinJpr likes this.
  19. ManISinJpr

Don't just watch, I am planning to have to be the first to review this !!
    have to get in @ksgehlot !!

20. JD666

Some more news -

Mahindra to bring in a sub 4 meter Verito to take benefit from the tax slab for cars under 4m.

So the era of rear ended designs begins. The original sub-4m sedan, the Indigo CS does it best, the new Dzire does so by looking better than the long bum Dzire, but the slab sided, drawn with a scale Verito! nope... Unless they do something really really special to the shape to make it acceptable.

Renault planning to launch the Duster at starting 7 lakhs

Basically to keep the hype and hoopla going for them, they are planning to price the entry level model at 7L. Bad news for entry level Scorpio and Safari ( Time to lose some weight ).

However I would still personally be expecting the reasonably feature packed models at around 8-8.2 Lakhs. Which still make it a eyes closed proposition over the Indian heavyweights. Go Renault!

The upper model can be upto 11L even!!!

Honda planning a Sedan on the Brio.

Anything that can be different from that quirky rear, is a yes! The car looks like a downward graph of interest by Honda designers. They started with great enthusiasm, and gave it a real sporty nose/front, and aggressive styling. Then as they made their way towards the rear, they started losing interest and just mis-mashed it at the end.

So a sedan could be a welcome kick in the sub 8-10L segment!

Maruti starts testing of the Alto replacement / EON competitor

With Hyundai EON giving Maruti a hard time, and the Alto getting as cheap as possible, there isn't a comparo left for either. The EON scores on better mileage, better A/C, comfort, space, fit and finish and practically everything other than performance.

The New Maruti800 is slated/supposed to change all that and bring back the lost glory of the best entry level car. Not that anyone is complaining, its still selling twice the EON, and around 20,000+ units every month.

Interesting. Any launch from Maruti is interesting.