Diesel prices hiked by an unprecedented 5 Rs./lit!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by SumitB, Sep 13, 2012.

Share This Page

1. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

The United Progressive Alliance came to power by claiming that "Congress ka haath, aam aadmi ke saath". The aam aadmi thought that wow, finally, someone is promising them the moon. Little did he know that here, the "aam aadmi" in the lingo of these shrewd politicians was for "mango man" who could be sucked dry. The illusion that the UPA government created was not understood even in 2009 when the UPA II was brought back to power. This time, they made several promises again and of these, the most important or crucial factor for the aam aadmi was the promise that they would cut on inflation within 100 days of coming back to power! Well, about 2 years of elapsed and we are yet to see this promise having been kept. In return, what we get to hear are scams of astronomical proportions which go into several lakh crores!

What seems to be the last nail in the coffin of this govt. is what they have done today. Today, it has been announced that the govt. is going to raise diesel prices by an unprecedented Rs. 5/- per litre. Also, it has also been announced that a family will only be able to get upto 6 LPG cylinders in a year! What this will do to the inflation, only time will tell but one thing is for certain, I will never ever in my life vote for the Congress or its goons again.

I will not share my preference of the person/party whom I am going to vote for here, but what India needs is someone like Sardar Patel to reincarnate and take the reigns of this country in his hands.

2. kauffmann

kauffmann The Fountainhead

OMG! I want the government to subsidise the LPG cylinders further and give me more than 6 cylinders per year so I can give it on lease to the commercial Aggarwal sweets samose walla near my house and make money off it! I also want the government to subsidise diesel that I put in my Mercedes because why should I pay so much? Also I want that while the government does all this, they should magically create foreign exchange and protect me from all international economic pressures! I want to buy fuel at 2000 prices! This is outrageous injustice! I am Aam Admi and I am against corruption and FDI in multibrand retail because my chacha is a lala who runs a dal chawal shop, but I am pro subsidy (magically create money from thin air and give it to the deserving people) and pro-Mamata Banerjee, I want prices to be at the 1990 level. Why increase prices when you can reduce them? Right?

Forget the kerosene and PDS grains that the government is giving to lakhs of poor around the nation, I want my diesel cheaper! YEAH!

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    ManISinJpr: 30 Points (Yes, but people will never understand this point.) Sep 14, 2012
    JD666: 25 Points (wow!) Sep 14, 2012
    JD666, ManISinJpr and SumitB like this.
  3. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

I do want my diesel cheap. I do want the govt. to fulfill their pre poll promises. I do want to go to the moon. I am Aam Aadmi.

idutt likes this.
  4. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I think there is only one negative here, Diesel is used in transporting food and stuff in India.
    I am taking a situation here from the real world !!

In a truck or lorry or tempo which is used to ferry the common items lets take this scenario

truck -- 10 Tons or 10,000Kgs
    Lorry -- 4 Tons or 4,000 Kgs
    tempo -- 700 to 800 Kgs

Average of a truck 4 kmpl ( it can be lower or higher )
    Lorry 7 -8 kmpl
    tempo - 8 - 9 kmpl

so for transporting goods currently a truck takes Rs.11 to 13 per km ( plus toll at 5 per km ) so roughly the cost comes to Rs.17 per km

so on for Lorry ( the rough cost would be ) Rs. 10 or so

so for tempo ( the rough cost would be ) Rs. 7 to 8 ( they are for close haul and so no toll etc !! )

now diesel prices have been increased by Rs. 5 which is roughly 9 to 12% for aggregating

so for transporting blah blah truck would take Rs19

and so on and so forth !!

My point is, they carry weight of expensive perishable items in lots so we when compare the per kilo cost increase of the goods these vehicles carry ! then how much is the price rise??

It should not be more than 2% ( of the value of the goods ) but in reality OUR INDIAN middleman and system will jack up the prices by 50% !!

that is what has to be stopped !! and like always noone talks about that !! that is the cancer of the middleman !! who mamta didi and all others are protecting !!

kauffmann
    Please reply ..

idutt, WingZero and MohitGamer like this.
  5. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Correct :nod: !!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2012 ---
    +1

6. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

2-5% on EVERY COMMODITY transported.. at times for 500-1000km... do u understand the magnitude.. especially on the Low Income groups.. this 2% x 5-6 tyms during UPA regime has already made the Inflation hit record levels... what are they trying to do .. drive the economy BANKRUPT.. and launder all the money in swiss bank accounts.. all hail the puppet ruler of our democracy who in the 90's took the economy to a flying start and now is nosediving it down the bloody drain

dbg likes this.
  7. ManISinJpr

You did not get the meaning of my post, please try to understand it first !

8. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

if u are talking anout Opportunists .. then i am sorry.. every businessman is an opportunist.. thats where u get the profits from.. demand and supply gap presents opportunities and it would be stupid if a businessman doesnt grabs them..

and i took the meaning of your post in the tone of the OP where the discussion was about the aam aadmi being made a MANGO MAN

9. ManISinJpr

And my reasoning is that these oppurtunists ( I call them the enemies of the state ) should be brought to the book and action taken upon them !

10. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

I filled up my car like couple of days ago with some 54 liters of diesel, looks like i saved some 270 bucks :dance:

BTW i am guessing in a couple of weeks or some this raise will finally end up as 3 ruppes after some protest and Kali maa comments from BJP :D

kauffmann and JD666 like this.
  11. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

enemies of the state are people who black market or hoard .. not those who profiteer out of situations.. if we go by your definition of enemies of the state then we might end up jailing the whole of india coz every1 has at least once in their life used a situation for their advantage.. so kindly re-organize your thoughts and rephrase your words before using such DRAMATIC terms for such trivial reasons.. you are starting to sound like Ma-mta ban-nerjee..occasionally realistic,Forever Delusional

12. ManISinJpr

I won't get int an argument with you as I have understood that you would not understand the ground realities
    as for calling me names, Icould call you more, but that would deter the purpose of a constructive discussion here.

13. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

i am not calling u names.. i am just stating the fact that ur train of thought is hard to follow and ur points for debate ... the points that you bring in are questionable.. leaving your end weaker.. just that.. opinions might differ sir .. but facts remain unchanged

14. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Lol, yeah, they jack up 5, then roll back 2-3.

Anyhow the stock market has responded positively to this.

What I personally feel. -

remove the subsidies from everything. Its the whole subsidy system that is messing it up, and creating loopholes for people to exploit ( black on cylinders, mixing in petrol, misuse of kerosene which is intended for LIG )

Let the prices hit an all time high for once and for all, and let everyone yell. Atleast the everyday drama will end with Oil Cos yelling foul and this and that, and then the opposition creating hell.

Let diesel be 50-60 bucks. So that petrol sales can also improve. It will take 10-15 years, but this should have been done long back.

Another question, is there a system of subsidy in other third world countries? Or are we the only ones??
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2012 ---
    Lets debate/discuss, not comment on a person's line of thought. If that person has raised an argument, feel free to respond to the argument, not to the person

TheMightyS and ManISinJpr like this.
  15. ManISinJpr

I agree with your train of thought 100% whole heartedly.
    We as Indian citizens have learned to be subsidized and this has created a wrong bent of mind in people's mind.
    I fail to understand that people can afford Rs40000 phone and crib at rise of Rs 5 !!! I find it misplaced thought process.

most of the countries have no subsidy as the govt's have not enough money .. to fund subsidies.

16. JD666

Then the subsidy system is wrong IMO. Let the price go out to the masses, and let everyone afford what they can. As it is, the inflation on other items is so damn high, that Fuel is one of the few arenas of concern.

Maybe it might teach people to be more frugal with what they have and burn.

17. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

almost all developing countries have subsidies on agricultral goods &Petroleum products

here's an article from 7th June

Source: Yale Global

18. JD666

So we are not alone. That's a relief

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

19. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

the rs 5 hike is not just for the 10million people who buy 40k phones and sit in the luxury of an air conditioned office typing on their fancy laptops.. it also applies to 990 milion OTHERS who slave around in buses (some cant even afford that ) for upto 3 hours to reach their place of work so that they can manage 2 square meals a day.. do you know how much expenses for an avg household would go up to.. i bet not.. so think on a broader perspective before coming down to conclusions and please DO USE GOOGLE before making a statement about an issue you are not very well versed with

harryneopotter likes this.
  20. JD666

The downsides are known buddy. The idea here is to do away with the system and let the price be fixed for once atleast and follow global cues only and not the subsidy rates that the government would like to apply.

On an average it would hike everyone's ( rich and poor included ) budget by 10-15%. However isn't our inflation already half of that already? Streamlining the system would ensure that the government budget spent on subsidy ( a few lakh crores I believe ) could actually be used for upliftment of the poor.