Ferrari World - UAE

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Mar 24, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So some pointers for my experience (twice) at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi -

1) Schedule and plan - It's nearly a whole day's trip/experience. So keep a whole day out of your itinerary for Ferrari World.

2) Tickets - General Admission tickets are 240 AED ( ~4000 INR), Premium Tickets that allow you to jump the queues are 550 AED ( ~ 9100 INR). If you are going on a weekday, save money and buy the general admission tickets. The lines are not that long.

Also check online the park opening and closing times (They keep varying by day to day). The early bird does catch the ride, since most tourists turn up 11-12 pm onwards and the park opens at 8 am even on somedays, and generally around 9-10 am.

- If you are in a group, it would be wise to check groupon for a deal, or else buy yourself an edition of Entertainer Abu Dhabi. It comes with 3 Buy one get one free tickets (general admission). The book costs 395 AED, but if you do the math, and if you are in a group of 5-6 or more, the tickets cost lesser than buying each one full price.

Remember you can use the book (Entertainer Abu Dhabi) for many more deals and similar Buy one get one free at Waterworld as well.

They also give Airmiles on Etihad if you are a member with them.

3) - Rides/Attractions - Ferrari world is a well maintained Amusement park. It's the largest indoor amusement park, and the size does say a lot. You can get pretty tired walking the whole park, so be comfortable with your footwear.

The world's fastest roller coaster, is just that. Fastest. Here's a pic my sis took of it -

IMG_0785.jpg

There are no flips and loops, but it is scary enough. I did freak out at the first drop, since it's practically zero gravity, but after that it was ho-hum. Definitely the first ride to enjoy since it preps you up for the rest of the day.

The next best ones in no particular order are the Magic of speed 4D ride, the flying over Italy, Inside a V12 engine and the Ferrari car race (the other smaller roller coaster).

The museum in the amusement park houses some of the rarest Ferrari's ever seen and it's a treat to see them in such excellent condition. Tip - For the photography enthusiasts, carry a tripod and a good camera. It'll be worth the effort.

IMG_0769.jpg

(taken by my niece with a Canon)

Head over to the Driving Simulator and book your slot in advance. Though it's barely 3-4 Minutes of driving, the realistic simulation will be worth the wait. For an additional fee you can book the Ferrari F1 or Supercar as well (100 AED ~ 1700 INR).

4) Food/Refreshments -

There are a number of stalls/restaurants inside the Amusement Park. Though be ready to pay hefty sums for food. Water ~ 4 AED (75 INR) for a 500 ml bottle. A Shawarma (though excellent and huge) ~ 65 AED (1050 Rs). Coffee - 240 INR.
    Have a heavy breakfast so you don't feel too hungry. A few nibbles won't hurt that much though.

There are benches abound for people to stop and rest on, and everything is indoors so it's comfortable that ways.

5) Height restrictions -

Most of the rides have a restriction of 1.2 Meters. So if your kids are below 1.2, be prepared to not enjoy a lot of them. There are some that allow children upto 1.1 meters accompanied by an adult and some that allow 1m and above. However take a base height of 1.2 meters if you really want to enjoy everything with kids.

There are rides for kids and a play area that can keep them occupied, but requires supervision. So plan accordingly!

Cheers!

Vinny and idutt like this.
  2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

June or July. All I am going to say.

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

Yay!

4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Where are the Ferraris ?

5. JD666

Cant post em due to family pics with everyone next to em. you'll see em soon.

6. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I can photoshop them for you. I have elite photoshop skills.

7. JD666

^^ Thanks.. but no thanks.