Finally, Trackdays at Buddh International Circuit announced!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Feb 11, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

With extremely reasonable rates!

They have opted for a session type charge system, with a single session lasting 60 minutes of riding on the track.

And if one books 3 sessions, the 4th session will be free!

For cars, a single session will cost 4000/- INR. Hence 3 sessions will cost you 12,000/- INR with a 4th session free.

For bikes, a single session will cost you 3000/- INR. So 9000/- for 3 sessions and a 4th session free.

I think its a great initiative to maintain the track, and to generate revenue year round from it. A lot of automobile manufacturers will also benefit from this, making use of the track for suspension and steering tuning.

This will also help race teams develop and tune their vehicles, provided they are allowed testing out of season.

Now I need to find some rich friends willing to loan me a good bike to ride on the track!! :p

How they manage logistics like fueling, safety etc is to be seen. As of now, you need a valid driver's license to book a track day, and there will be a safety and track briefing before each session.

Also how they club, and mix and match vehicles before releasing them on the track is to be seen. Won't be fun having a Duke 200 and a 600+cc bike on the track at the same time!

2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

If you find a good car to drive, then send me a ping, I'll be in the backseat.

3. JD666

Will do. Though I am not Sure if they'll allow anyone.

Currently a Good car in my sight is harryneopotter s esteem!! :p

4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Front seat would be safer.

This does sound reasonable .. a 60 min track session can easily be split between 2 guys .. 30 mins should give'em 5-6 laps easily.

However I think there would be quite a few hidden charges as well .. the session charge if just for the track usage.

5. JD666

Don't think they would allow a split between drivers. A 5 km track, lap time should be around 3.5 to 4 mins. Though it would be painful on the ultra long straights.

Gotta arrange for a 250+ bhp machine atleast to have some proper fun on the track.

6. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

They should definetly allow people to share the track time .. If you were to buy a fixed number of laps then I can see that they want the one person to finish quickly but for a time slot you should be able to switch drivers and more importantly switch cars,bikes.

7. JD666

For rich people, I am sure they can switch cars between sessions. But generally for a particular session, the cars, and the drivers, and their release times on the track will be fixed. This is to avoid any last minute mayhem and mix ups. You line up for your designated session 15-20 minutes in advance, and then are released onto the track in a controlled manner.

I think its a great pricing, and now with the support provided by manufacturers like Audi, they can actually have a holiday package for people to come visit the track for 3-4 days, drive a whole line up of super cars etc, and charge them a Lakh or so for it.

I would anyday save that 1-1.5 Lakhs, to enjoy driving a super car like it should be for a few days, rather than going thru the hassle of owning and maintaining one. It's that much more easier and convenient

mavihs likes this.
  8. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

They will provide cars?

9. JD666

Nope, bring your own.