Food joint review collection

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by BANHAMMER, Aug 22, 2012.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Name: Maoz
    Food type: Mediterranean, Falafel, Pita
    Ambience: Standard wooden furniture with wooden finish, Open glass window.
    Service: Self serving and Buffet based
    Stuff Served: Falafal in Pita bread with multiple choices including Babaganous, humous, Avacado etc, Belgian chips, Drinks, salad.
    Category of food: Vegeterian, eggs, Vegan
    Average price for a meal: 5-7 £

[​IMG]

This is one of my favourite places in London. Mostly we go for falafel in pita bread with one of the aforementioned fillings. The rest of the fillings can be taken from the salads served on the counter. The choices are pickled gerkins, pickled chilli, beetroot, fried cauliflower, sweet corns, Coleshaw, Olives, tomatoes, Mushrooms, cucumber etc. Then there are multiple sauce like coriander ?#@*&%!^$~ney, red chilli ?#@*&%!^$~ney, onion ?#@*&%!^$~ney. These ?#@*&%!^$~neys are very close to indian ?#@*&%!^$~neys and thus I love them. Then there are assorted ketchups like mustard, Mayonese, honey mustard etc.
    I have never tried salad, but salad comprises of same stuff with additional aubergine etc. Belgian chips are considered good by most folks in my company, though I am not such a big fan of chips. They also serve freshly prepared lemonade with mint, standard sodas and freshly squeezed juice, but these juices can be bit expensive.
    Given this place is vegan and in soho, you can see one of most hip crowd in the city hanging out here. I generally go to this place every tuesday for the lunch, It can get very crowded at 13:00 hours, but we avoid rush by going before or after the rush hour.
    If you are in london and fancy vegeterian food, you should definitely try this out.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    rpm: 5 Points Aug 23, 2012
    MrsJD666, harryneopotter and WingZero like this.
  2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Ok, Now this thread is for all generic review for all small food joints.

3. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

Oo...sounds like some place i would love to go !

4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Name: Sanjha Chulha
    Food type: Tandoori, North Indian
    Ambiance: Standard, dine-in, air-conditioned, nothing over the top.
    Service: Served
    Stuff Served: All the standard North Indian dishes, some chinese
    Category of food: Vegeterian, Non-vegetarian, Halal
    Average price for a meal: [​IMG] 300 for one

Only went there recently for the first time. First thing you notice about the place is that it is a drive-in, the actual restaurant was slightly "hidden" inside a commercial building. The dine-in restaurant itself isn't too big, probably seats around 50-60 people only. Ambience is alright, not the best but not that bad either.

Food itself was at best decent for the price. I certainly have had better food for the price. One thing that has to be noted here is that this is from a vegetarian's point of view, my non-vegetarian friends that dined said otherwise about the food. They said the chicken was amazing, specially the tandoor based dishes.

Service was very good, the waiters were very well mannered and food was delivered pretty fast as well. Hygiene was quite good as well, decent place to go with a family.

Food: 3.5/5
    Service: 4/5
    Ambiance: 3.5/5
    Price: 3/5
    Overall: 3.5/5

MrsJD666 and initpidzero like this.