Foods that help you lose weight!

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by JD666, Nov 2, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Yes, its not a myth. There are food items available in our daily lives that help us lose weight. They do it in many ways, some of which being that they do so by adding bulk to our food, which gives us a feeling of being full before we've had our daily calorie requirement. Some of them require the body to burn more calories to digest the food, than the calories the food releases when digested. Others help bump up the metabolism of the body, so that the body consumes more calories.

I would like to share some -

Popcorn - Made famous by pop star Madonna, this is what she used to lose weight when her daughter was born. Helps add bulk to your food, though calories are much lesser. However excessive consumption of corn can cause Vitamin B12 deficiency as I have heard, so at your discretion.

Cucumber - Works great for detoxing as well as adding fibre/roughage to your food with a lot of water. Really good for weight loss if you can combine it in salad form in your diet. I love Cucumber with Chach ( Buttermilk ), which helped me lose 6 kgs in 3 weeks for my wedding!

Celery/Salad Leaves - It is believed that these require more energy from the body to digest them, rather than the energy that they release. So including them in your diet should help with the calorie burning process.

Gourd/Lauki - It has been recommended time and again, that having half a glass of juice of this vegetable first thing in the morning, empty stomach, helps boost your metabolism, and helps digest food faster/better.

Papaya - Another fruit that helps boost metabolism, though be careful in overdoing it, it can cause side effects as well, as it is believed to be a fruit that is said to create heat in the body, similar to mangoes.

Anyone any suggestions/ideas???

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Generally eat healthy and exercise, if you are looking for shortcut for cosmetic reasons, You will be ?#@*&%!^$~ed sooner or later. The way body is designed, you should go along it's natural comfortable way.

3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Onions/Garlic - Anti calories, they help burn calories faster than what they add, extra heat helps burn calories faster.

Psyllium husk - Extremely hygroscopic and thus a small amount with lots of water can "fill" your stomach with what is essentially only water and fiber. It is said, having this with a soup/salad combination of everything else mentioned in this thread can help lose weight quickly.

All that being said, it is most important to remember that the evil tongue will not allow you to lose weight by just knowing what helps lose weight and what doesn't. The tongue craves, what the tongue craves.

JD666 likes this.
  4. JD666

Good one MOZ!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

5. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Marijuana >:)

6. JD666

Yup.. just what the doctor prescribed... :D

Rockfella likes this.
  7. Rockfella

Dosage: 2 shots Knob Creek + a joint + tandoori chicken + 3 hours of laughter session with you and vineet + listening to 90's hits ;)

JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

Works everytime for me ;) , Remember the break dancing on the main road? :p

9. Rockfella

That was fun :rofl:

JD666 likes this.