Information / News Gadgets & Technology in XXI century according to people in 1900s

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by solarplexus, Aug 2, 2012.

Share This Page

1. solarplexus

solarplexus - not here - Staff Member

These images are postcards, produced by Hildebrands (a leading German chocolate company of the early 1900s).

Depicting what according to them, the technology would be like in the year 2000.

Good read. Sci-fi.

Quick commute to the other side of the river (Yamuna, here I come!):

[​IMG]

Strolling (as opposed to trolling).. altho it's not that big a difference if using a vestibule is what you call 'walking':

[​IMG]

Moving cross-country.. with all your posessions, no less:

[​IMG]

I KNEW IT! There ARE tiny people living in my TV !!

[​IMG]

You can become Superman and use your x-ray vision to fight crime in your spare time:

[​IMG]

Even you can become BATMAN in 21st Century:

[​IMG]

Now if you don't want to deal with leather (wings) today, you can go travel the 'old-fashioned' way:

[​IMG]

And if you want to go hi-tech, you can pretend (or not) to sail on the Titanic:

[​IMG]

Bombarding the clouds.. because I don't feel like having to deal with monsoons today:

[​IMG]

Or if I DO want some rain.. let me at least stay dry:

[​IMG]

And my personal favorite.. coming back home from the North Pole vacation, with a tan (because India doesn't have enough of the sun):

[​IMG]

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    initpidzero: 71 Points (yes please) Aug 3, 2012
    initpidzero likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

To come to think of it, Most of these have been accomplished in one way or the other. However that walking on water thing is still best left to illusionists :p

solarplexus likes this.
  3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Some of that is way to ambitious. Guess the guys back then didn't know about computers and "soft" technology, and how that seems to have overtaken the mechanical endavours and ambitions.

solarplexus likes this.
  4. JD666

The Water cycle has been made to commute over water, however it won't really be a past time as displayed below.

[​IMG]

Strolling (as opposed to trolling).. altho it's not that big a difference if using a vestibule is what you call 'walking':

Travellators have been installed in malls and Airports for this feature -

[​IMG]

Moving cross-country.. with all your posessions, no less:

A number of projects have been undertaken for this purpose of shifting houses/church/old archaeological sites.

[​IMG]

I KNEW IT! There ARE tiny people living in my TV !!

- Has already been done by cable and now satellite TV

[​IMG]

You can become Superman and use your x-ray vision to fight crime in your spare time:

Not necessarily X-ray, however CCTV has enabled constant monitoring and improved security.

[​IMG]

Even you can become BATMAN in 21st Century:

- Well not as elaborate, however people have experimented with Jet packs, and the Flying Bat, However a small commuter plane like a cessna, owned by private individuals, do give flight to this idea.

[​IMG]

Now if you don't want to deal with leather (wings) today, you can go travel the 'old-fashioned' way:

And so do amphibious vehicles of today, developed during WWII -

[​IMG]

And if you want to go hi-tech, you can pretend (or not) to sail on the Titanic:

there are many tours that allow you to duck below the surface to view stuff, so another tick mark there!

[​IMG]

Bombarding the clouds.. because I don't feel like having to deal with monsoons today:

Hehe. The Chinese did it during the Asian games to ensure that there would be no rain fall during the opening/closing ceremony.

[​IMG]

Or if I DO want some rain.. let me at least stay dry:

Still in Sci/Fi, however Greenhouses and other establishments do help you stay dry, irrespective of the weather outside.

[​IMG]

And my personal favorite.. coming back home from the North Pole vacation, with a tan (because India doesn't have enough of the sun):

Why would someone want to visit there.... hehe, though Airships were a part of our colored history in Aviation and still are.

[​IMG]

solarplexus likes this.
  5. solarplexus

solarplexus - not here - Staff Member

Going even further back in the past. Da Vinci's designs:

Helicopter concept:

[​IMG]

A Tank:

[​IMG]

A Glider:

[​IMG]

The First mechanical computer (for an automobile design):

[​IMG]

A Para?#@*&%!^$~e:

http://thelistcafe.com/images/stories/Lists/045_10_visionary_inventions_by_leonardo_da_vinci/leonardo-da-vinci-para?#@*&%!^$~e.jpg

A machine gun:

[​IMG]

JD666 likes this.
  6. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Da Vinci was the OG Xzibit..

[​IMG]

7. superm4n

superm4n RAID Rookie

actually u can have superman's xray vision .. its called backscattered X-ray
    also , its the incapability of the human eye that causes us not being able to see the xrays ... instead of seeing the normal RBG , many insects and animals can see ultra violet light

even telepathy is being achieved via recognizing brain wave activity , although its in its early stages

JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

Some of his drawings are still a mystery, and have also been the inspiration for many things. One of the greatest thinkers ( other than his gay ways )

9. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

There is a TV show on Discovery/History where they try to build his contraptions ..
    Doing Da Vinci

Also I saw an episode of Mythbusters where they tried to build Archimides Deathray which worked by Focussing the sunlight into a Super Hot beam using a giant mirror, to burn/attack enemy Ships.