Review Hands on with the OnePlus 3

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Jul 26, 2016.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

A friend made an impulsive purchase after I pointed out a 1800 Rs discount voucher to him. After handling the device, I don't blame him at all for his impulsiveness.

IMG_5754.jpg

The subtle embossed 3 on the front of the box.

IMG_5756.jpg

The trademark red housing underneath it. Simple and clean packaging. Good quality as well.

IMG_5757.jpg

Hello Beautiful.

IMG_5758.jpg

The phone sits in a plastic tray of it's own. Held securely in place, even though it sticks up outside the edges, no chances of slippage.

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

OnePlus have worked a great deal on keeping the device slim. And it is more than evident in the OnePlus 3.

IMG_5761.jpg

The Type C USB cable, and the quick charger.

IMG_5762.jpg

The accompanying documentation and SIM tray removal tool.

IMG_5765.jpg

The Quick Charge 5V-4Amp charger. It supposedly charges the phone to 60% in just one hour. The weight and the size do support the rated output claims.

IMG_5764.jpg

The Type-C USB cable is of quality stuff and extremely well finished. Definitely a high point of OnePlus.

IMG_5768.jpg

The camera module and that beautiful back of the OnePlus 3. The phone is slim, sleek and super to hold. Though pretty slippery versus the One Plus 1 and 2. Having played with both the previous versions, this is more in line with the OnePlus 2.

The rear is iPhone styling meeting HTC, with the antenna bands reminiscing of the latter and the metal finish, curved edge glass of the former. More on in the tester notes.

Here's a quick look at what the 6GB of RAM gives the Full HD display and the SnapDragon 820 -

IMG_5770.jpg

This is the highest Antutu Score that I have logged personally. My iPhone 6S Plus does 140k, but this is in a league of its own. And it shows as well when you use the device.

Tester notes to follow.

Stuge likes this.
  2. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

One plus one packaging was better .

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

3. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

I'm still waiting for my unit to arrive but I'm not pleased they left the sandstone feel.
    yes ,off course you can buy casing for the same ,but still.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

One plus One was packed in the Nokia era. Everything with a box of its own and a huge cardboard box to hold everything. Space efficient boxes win it for me.