Advise Help , LIC policy maturity money deposited to wrong Acc number.

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by MajinBuu, Sep 20, 2012.

Share This Page

1. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

Hello Raiders , Please help me out here .
    My poor uncle inadvertently wrote his Bank Account Details Wrong , in the LIC Policy Maturity form & today he received a letter from LIC , that his Money has been deposited to mentioned bank Acc ( which is wrong ) via NEFT. LIC place is closed today due to the Barath Bandh , He's very much worried about his money , & even i have no knowledge on this , Please help me out here , is his Money lost ? or can something be done ?

But he mentioned his IFSC code correctly.

2. kauffmann

kauffmann The Fountainhead

Contact the bank and LIC ASAP.

3. Vaneja

Vaneja RAID Rookie

Hi,

No need to worry. Ask your uncle to simply write a letter to Lic zonal manager while marking a copy to the bank. He needs to mention that due to a numerical error the money has been deposited in the wrong account number and also attach a copy of the deposit slip. Lic would do the needfull in approximately 4-5 working days.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

MajinBuu likes this.
  4. Vaneja

Vaneja RAID Rookie

Also ask him to make two copies of the letter and deposit slip and take one set back by hand after getting a received marked on it by lic office. Then copy the received marked set and give the photostat to bank only for notification purposes.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

5. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

This is quite unfortunate and the solution is to contact LIC like Vivek Aneja pointed out.

MajinBuu likes this.
  6. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

Thanks all for the help :). Its solved now :D .
    Luckily there was no one with that Acc number , What my uncle did was , he wrote the first two numbers Wrong, His acc# is 049XXXXXXXXXXX , but he wrote 094XXXXXXXXXXX. I went along with my uncle to LIC today morning , & the Additional Branch Manager relieved us from Tension saying " Boss do not worry , your hard earned money is still with us , My compootar says Acc does not exist. "

Phewww :p

WingZero likes this.