Information Here Maps now available for iOS/iPhone

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by JD666, Mar 11, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

With a minimum requirement being iPhone 4S and iOS 7. That spans the 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 and 6+.

Here Maps have been long the preferred mode of map guidance that I have used. For several years now, they have been reliable, trusted and worked in any environment.

I have tested Here Maps at the Indo-Pak border in Rajasthan, at Khardungla - the World's highest motorable pass/road. And in regions where there was no mobile signal for location. Just the GPS receiver inside my trusted N8. Most recently I did a 1000 kms trip to Oman from UAE using Here Maps on my Nokia X2.

Here Maps 02.jpg

Porting Here Maps for iOS means a big leap for the company. A large percentage of the population, especially in Americas and other European regions could not be tapped. However now, that should change, once they discover the benefits of Here Maps.

Here Maps 03.jpg

I've sampled Here Maps on Android. Very impressive to say the least. Some benefit that one will find from using Here maps is the fact that you will get actual results and not sponsored results in other map applications. (Not pointing fingers at anyone :p )

Secondly, you'll be able to monitor your speed as well, since it gives you the speed limit indication for the road you are traveling on.

If you don't have a Data connection, it won't be able to search online or provide traffic information, but that's okay. For instance, if you are in a new country/city and want to find the nearest hospital/petrol station/police station, it will have all of that saved offline.

Here Maps 04.jpg

The app is not currently available for download in the App store, but you bet I am going to try this the first chance I can. For more information read here -

HERE – the leading offline navigation app – now on iOS - HERE 360