Review Here Maps on iOS

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by JD666, Mar 18, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I installed Here Maps on my iPhone, and did a quick navigation to a mall nearby.

After installation -

IMG_5876.jpg

The Menu -

IMG_5877.jpg

Collections allow me to bookmark and save locations by custom categories or generic ones. Essentially you could use Here Maps without an account, however for the iOS version, you need to have an account before you can download maps offline. Using the same account across multiple devices also syncs your favorites and bookmarked locations.

IMG_5878.jpg

The setting options. Note that traffic flows will be available only when an internet connection is available.

IMG_5879.jpg

The request to set up an account before I could download any maps.

IMG_5880.jpg

After logging in.

IMG_5882.jpg

All available maps. Yep you can download all of these offline if you have around 30 GB of free space on your device.

IMG_5881.jpg

Now I couldn't take any screen shots of the navigation (since I was driving), but initial impressions are positive. The navigation is slightly choppy (compared to Google Maps), but the voice guide is much easier to understand.

I'll share some more screen shots when I go navigating next time on Here Maps. Till then, it looks positive!