Hero MotoCorp. Ltd. of India gets 49.2% Stake in Erik Buell Racing

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by turbo99i, Aug 18, 2013.

Share This Page

1. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

Departing from Honda trying to break export barriers set as an agreement with former company, Hero has now bought a major stake in Buell (EBR), formally part of Harley-Davidson. As any other company Buell couldn't survive the heat of recession, now trying to come back and revive its portfolio with HMC. In the past we have seen big and not so big success stories of HMC, starting from the Nifty fifty moped to BMW F650. Previous attempts were to bring small and specials to India, but this time, it seems other way around. So far HMC has best track record, made some of the best decisions, consequently changing the Indian biking scenario by introducing the world famous Honda 100 cc 4-Stroke . Surely in future being the largest motorcycle manufacturer, app. 6 million, HMC is going to challenge its strongest rivals in big displacement both in and outside Nation, may it be due to Buell JV or someone else, time will tell.... lets watch :)

dbg and JD666 like this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

And I thought Buell was off the market scene.

3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Seriously it produced gems like CBZ and Karizma and then it went downwards with it's ugly cousins.
    If they could possibly revive their good old legacy. I donno why they separated form honda, that was worst move of all times.