News Highlights of Railway Budget

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by BANHAMMER, Jul 8, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Source: Priority for high-speed trains, FDI - The Hindu

JD666 likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

They have mentioned public-private partnership. But yes, they have essentially targeted the problem at the source. You can't have a high speed rail network on a regular network that uses trains with average speeds of 50 kmph.

Also it does not warrant one building a new network.

I believe that the Indian Railways should go on a campaign to win Bulk cargo and freight contracts, probably offering discounts or something. They should also look at making rail travel efficient.

I remember in China, we were planning to go to Beijing from Shanghai, in their high speed train. The fare was working out to approximately 6,500 INR, while an air ticket was about 11,000 INR. I didn't mind the idea of sitting in a train for 4.5 hours, if I was saving that extra 5k.

(Beijing - Shanghai is what Delhi - Mumbai is, in fact the distance is also nearly the same).

3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

The PPP would not be Operations but other supporting infrastructure like catering, cleaning & upgrading stations.

The online booking capacity (of thr servers) has been more than doubled.

I'll post a quick brief.

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

This is definitely a much impressive budget than previous government. Although a bit ambitious but that is something we need right now. I hope all the ground work is ready and not just the aspirations. But given the modi government everyone should be well prepared.