Buying Advice Home Security System + CCTV Surveillance System

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by ViKiD, Jul 25, 2014.

Share This Page

1. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

Holla fellas,

So my dad wanted me to help him with setting up the security systems for the new house which is almost up and about and i no idea on what to be looking for in a security system along with the CCTV's.
    Here the basic outline of what we are looking for :
    • A good intrusion detection system.
    • 6-8 Camera CCTV Setup, 2-3 cameras will be inside at key spots and the rest outdoors.
    • The house is 2 stories, and has an independent garage along with a basement underneath. There is a wide perimeter around the house as well.
    • I don't know much about CCTV's, but from what i do know about cameras, we need something which has an acceptable FPS count and with good night vision capabilities, don't mind the night vision being in high contrast black and white, till the time faces are discernible. Also CCD/CMOS won't really matter till the resolution is acceptable..
    • Good resolution, nothing over the top, like the ones for a billion dollar corporation but something decent.
    • DVR should be able to handle maybe 2 High capacity NAS harddrives? (Not sure which other drives will be used for 24/7 operation). Dont mind if the DVR deletes footage whichs is maybe 2-4 weeks old. Would be awesome if the DVR deletes footage from camera with super low activity cams, for a duration of a week or something, automatically. These points aren't really that big of a factor to be honest.
    • Budget isnt that big of a constraint, till the time the the whole setup is worth whatever we wend up spending.
    Apologies for the insanely long post, i really dont trust the salesmen people out there in the market. Ill be going to Nehru Place today to scout around for some stuff, would love suggestions on places or stores i should look at.

THANKOO THANKOO.

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I have someone who's done the install at our residence in Faridabad. They've been managing it for the last 5+ years. If you want I can get you the number to get an idea. We have two night infra red cameras that cover the main areas and two additional ones that peek around. The resolution is sufficient. It can store upto a month's data from 6 cameras. Auto delete.

ViKiD likes this.
  3. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

Nice!
    The number would be great, ill have dad talk to them about what he needs and the area needed to be covered, etc etc.

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Call him at 9873712718 - Raman. Good with service and after sales support as well.

Check PM as well.

5. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

Sweet! Will contact him tomorrow.
    Again, thanks a lot for the info!