Honda Amaze in 4 days

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Apr 6, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

To be launched soon.

What I like.

It's not a cut paste job. They have lengthened the wheelbase and added the boot as an integral part.

Profile wise it looks more of a sedan than any of the current crop of hatches extended with a boot.

The 1.5 litre diesel is a revelation with 100 ps of power. Way more than the Max 90 hp that any manufacturer has managed with the fiat unit. Moreover the tested mileage is much higher than the competition.

The boot offers more usable space than the swift or the indigo cs.

Honda reliability is another plus.

What I don't like

The plastiky interiors have been carried over from the Brio and spoil the driving experience.

Honda has a shorter servpice interval compared to other companies. This would translate into higher running costs as well.

How they price it, we'll get to know in 4 days. Watch on!

MrsJD666 and idutt like this.
  2. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

This is going to be a most wonderful car, I wish that it changes the face of Honda in India.. as the engine is superlative !!

AS for plastics and stuff, I like the feel Brio and the others have,, so its just a personal opinion of mine.

3. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

the amaze should bring Honda back on the leaderboard of selling the best midsized cars. come on Honda you can do it

4. ManISinJpr

It is already a winner according to me !
    see the news and link...
    Maruti is seriously DEAD !! or going t get hurt real BAD !!
    Honda Amaze diesel launched at Rs. 5.99 lakh, petrol variant to cost Rs 4.99 lakh - NDTVProfit.com

JD666 likes this.
  5. JD666

6. Invader

Invader RAID Rookie

got 2 already in my colony .. didnt knew they were amaze till i saw the name of the car on the number plate instead of the no. :p

both of them white ... didnt look that impressive to me :/

JD666 likes this.
  7. MrsJD666

MrsJD666 Ruling the Devil Staff Member

A lot of good cars out there, one more to be added to the list now. All due respect to Honda, but its a little sad that the only considerations for the Indian Automobile market are - the mileage and the price tag. I mean 'kitne ki hai' and 'deti kitna hai' are not the only criteria for car selection.

No wonder all these cars look so boring and dull. They are all tough competition to each other, but nothing radical, nothing that changes the shape of the market, nothing that makes you say - Man, I want that car!

But I do hope Honda does good with this car.

JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

Just saw the car in the flesh.

And it looks way better than the DZire with a pasted boot. very well proportioned. And the size is nearly at par with a Hyundai Accent.

Decent amount of leg room in the rear, though it's strictly a 4 seater. There is a comfortable arm rest in the rear.

Boot space is definitely more than the Dzire. This does make this car suitable for a family holiday/getaway. You should be able to put in 3 medium bags easily. What the boot lacks in Length, it makes up for, with depth.

Though the car does look a bit under-tyred, It could do with a size up on the rubbers.

The model I saw was the diesel one, and when the driver cranked the engine, it was probably the most silent diesel engine that I have heard.

What the Fiat Multi jet is to Tata's diesel unit, is what this unit is to Fiat's Multijet. Superb refinement.

The Boot does integrate really really well. I dint like the rear lights in the images that I saw, but seeing them for real, kinda made it seem alright.

Honda does have a winner on their hands. Over 700 Bookings already at the Honda showroom in Gurgaon. Only worry for them now is to ensure that they deliver in time.

9. JD666

Here are some pics that I had taken of the car. My Phone crashed, so I could not save the rest -

honda amaze 01.jpg honda amaze 02.jpg

10. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Any more feedback on Amaze ?

11. JD666

Well Honda has booked more cars that they can deliver. They have already delivered 4000+ cars in April.

The diesel is a very impressive unit, and the Car looks miles ahead of the Dzire on the Road.

Anything in particular you interested?

12. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

A friend said she booked one..

I keep looking for a hatchback myself . how does this compare to the Ford Figo ?

13. JD666

the figo has more interior space and slightly less boot space, but is huge on the inside. Slightly sluggish considering the 68 bhp diesel or 72 bhp petrol model.

14. ManISinJpr

This is a complete package !
    No two ways about this, I haven't yet driven it but most of guys who accompany me to tests have and are elated or satisfied ! no negative point yet from any of them..
    not even a single negative point.
    Ohhh !! except that the redline is 4K rather than 5K on dezire..

JD666 likes this.