Honey i shrunk the "Xylo"

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by TheMightyS, Sep 21, 2012.

Share This Page

1. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

[​IMG]
    Your take on a Mini xylo- The Quanto ~ latest in range of portfolio of SUV/EUV from mahindra starting at 5.82 lakhs, its a steal for the price.. the tyres look a shocker giving it a Hybrid Santro look

JD666 whats ur opinion

2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Looks a bit like the WagonR.

MohitGamer likes this.
  3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Yup overgrown WagorR with the tiny wheels still ..

4. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

its more on Santro's terms.. wagon r had a smaller bonnet

5. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

At first I thought it is one of those ugly ducklings which run on electric, but this is a totally pointless version of wagon R and Santro's illegitimate child.

6. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

:whatisthis:

wtf is this shit ?

7. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Its gonna sell, and a lot! I'll comment in detail.

8. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

fugly.. n for the love of God, idiots should be taken to task for slapping "SUV" to every trash

even without going into technicals.. one look at those wheels is enough to write off it's ride quality for anything more than a pointless city commuter

9. Acroback

Acroback RAID Rookie

I saw quanto which was a big turn off and killed any hope of getting a MUV/SUV in near future.
    And then I went to test drive Scala just because Nissan showroom was very far from my place.

Surprise, I end up test driving the new Duster. Damn that vehicle is serious business.

So I booked one :D. A Duster RxL(O) 1.5L 85PS shall be delivered hopefully by Feb to me.

Love the way Duster handles roads. Add to this sedan like handling, it is just wow!

10. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Good choice. The Duster is a good vehicle and the package is decent though not great. At the price it sells for, arguably they could have upped the equipment and comfort levels a little bit here and there & it would have been perfect. But having said that, it's not an out and out fault with it either. Mechanically the vehicle is good & all that remains to be seen is how well it weathers the test of time :)

11. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

The Duster is a better package yes, however the Quanto loses out massively due the high kerb weight ( ~ 1600 kgs vs 13XX kgs ). Moreover the end does look abrupt.

The Plus part for the Quanto being that they have managed to squash 2 seats in the rear, which neither the Duster has nor the EcoSport will. And for Indian families used to squashing their young ones in the back, this will surely appeal.

The 3 pot Diesel has got a lot of appreciation for its refinement, though yes, the Renault or Ford unit is bound to be better.

All in all its mainly the price point, the ease of spares, and the common spares with the Xylo that swing it in the favor of the Quanto. The better informed masses will either go for the Duster or wait it out till the EcoSport hits the road.