how to cook salmon?

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by BANHAMMER, Sep 11, 2013.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Since sun is going down for long now. and Salmon is one of rich sources of vitamin D. And not to mention it is a source of lot of other minerals and oils especially required in cold countries.
    So I would like to know how to cook a salmon, I bought it but donno how long is it supposed to be cooked/boiled/fried etc.

Any good dishes which anyone would recommend along with recipes which are made with salmon.
    No sushi is not such a good idea since it is hard to make.

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Best option to retain the vitamins is to grill/bake it in an oven.

You can marinate it with lemon, salt and oil, leave it for less than an hour, and then cook(bake) in oven.

10-15 mins at 200 degrees C should do it.

For grilling, just pack the meat(marinated) in foil and put on the grill. Keep flipping sides for about 7-10 mins.

Fish is generally bland, so go with a strong flavor. You can put garlic etc also to increase the flavor.

3. BANHAMMER

I really have no problem with bland food to be frank. If texture is fine it should be ok.
    Do you reckon boiling is bad ? I prefer to fry ingredient and make it like a sabzi/tarkari/bhaji/curry.

4. JD666

Boiling would be fine, but better if you make it into a soup or something ( the nutrients stay in the water ). However I am not sure how well the vitamins would survive in the hot water.

Btw, you could take a daily dose of cod liver oil as well.

i was diagnosed with a Vit D deficiency, on supplements from Amway and a pouch of 60,000 UD or something that has to be taken once a week.

5. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

amway? get the yellow cod oil capsules from india.

be careful about limits of consumption - it has a 'garam taasir' if you know what i mean. can cause nose bleeds and free flowing bowel.

dbg and JD666 like this.
  6. JD666

Yep, apparently their products are better than the peddlers who show an undying loyalty to them.

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2013 ---
    Yep, apparently their products are better than the peddlers who show an undying loyalty to them.

7. BANHAMMER

I am not talking any capsules. There are food sources like salmon and others. I might have to consume them a bit more.

8. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

If you are okay with bland food (which is amazing) cook it in the easiest simplest way and have it frequently. Salmons/fish is one of the best things you can have on earth.

initpidzero likes this.