Discussion Is buying from Groupon worth it?

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by JD666, Aug 11, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I mean, You cannot view or provide feedback. Just buy an item and receive it. If it is not what you ordered, or defective or broken, Groupon will only liaison with the merchant, and 'try' to arrange for a refund.

Most items carry a delivery surcharge, which make them pricier than buying them locally. I was quite impressed initially, and ordered stuff like mad. When I surveyed the same items on other websites, they were either cheaper or priced the same. The shipping charge made all the difference.

The only bit that I feel works in Groupon's favor is that they do tend to find some unique items for sale.

2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

I have successfully bypassed a lot of Groupon deals (Sorry Groupon). I find out the seller or service provider and striker the same deal, this helps me because often I can go beyond the time limit, or number limit. The seller doesn't have to pay the commission to Groupon. Win-win for both of us.

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

And the COD extra charge, that kind of hikes the price of the item. I paid 340 INR for a cover that I really liked, which was priced at 700.