News Italy snubs India. Says Marines involved in killing won't return to India

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by JD666, Mar 12, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

In a tight slap against the Lax Jurisdiction and lack of international diplomatic strength of our country, Italy has refused to send the Marines arrested last year in India. They were arrested in the killing of 2 fishermen off the coast of Kerela in Feb 2012.

For those not aware of this case -
    2012 Italian shooting in the Arabian Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were allowed to go back to Italy to vote in the elections taking place, under the supervision and security of the Italian Ambassador to India.

What's our External Affairs Ministry's take on it? They are examining the situation closely/carefully!

2. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Read and heard the comments that the Italian opposition was saying to the ruling govt there, each country has useless opposition members who are just attacking everything

3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

I think we should tell the Italian Diplomatic mission get packing as well .. this is utter break down of 'diplomacy'.

The govt' should have never agreed to sending them back, Italy was always refuting the jurisdiction of Indian court. It shows balls on the part of the Italians, but our Judicial system is left holding its ..

JD666 likes this.
  4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

That is an absurd argument. Opposition plays a vital role in acting as critic to what government does. Our government is indulge in way too many scams and it is totally right for opposition to bring out the point.
    Italy is nothing different from India when it comes to politics, old aristocratic politicians ruling their country for a long time. This time Five star party has became one of the strongest parties in the Italy, which shows the changing trend in Italian politics. Something which may be seen by India when we have more educated class.

5. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

Why did they let the accused Italian gents to go back to Italy in the first place? I see a deal happened there already, they are not gonna bring two white Italians to justice for two cheap Indian lives.

India's power in the world stage is totally laughable,specially among Europe and America,the ruling government and the opposition both are kiss asses to anything that is foreign(EURO and USA), Italy is a small country which is in an economic break down and no were as powerful as Indian right now but still we(the Indian govt) still love being pussies.

Some big miracle must happen in this country, all current politicians of all major parties should get abducted or vanished and be replaced by people who really care about this country because otherwise i guess we will watch countries srilanka and Vietnam become a super power but not India.

dbg and JD666 like this.
  6. BANHAMMER

Rightly said Raja. We did nothing to help Tamils who were being exploited in Srilanka.
    Cross border infiltration across Bangladesh border is laughable. I do not mind Bangladeshis coming to India, but Come'on not illegally.
    Our Govts have failed us.

7. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Well they were sent to Italy under the guise of their right to vote in a democratic election. They were allowed to exercise their right to do so :D

8. dbg

Throw out all Italian tourists as well.. Send them back to their democratic homeland .. I surely wouldn't guarantee any Italian citizen safety in India if they don't respect our laws..

Its time for India to flex some muscles or we'll be left looking like Idiots. Diplomacy went off the table went Italy lied about returning the soldiers for trial..

They murdered Indian citizens and are now no more than criminals on the run. They know they will be found guilty..

ManISinJpr and JD666 like this.
  9. BANHAMMER

REALLY?
    Now you are talking in rhetoric? What have italian citizens done? They come here for their personal reason, they don't represent their entire country.

This is more of military affair. Their military and govt has shown finger to our govt. As much as our military is fully capable of kicking italy's ass in 100 ways, it should not go their.
    We should pressurize them through proper channels. Not to mention it was foolish to let them go.

10. dbg

What proper channels are left.. Does the Italian government not control it's own military. These men are fugitives now.. Being harbored by a government that has already deceived us once.

What ever they are doing might be to protect their solders but it must come at a heavy cost to them.

What I would really want is for our government to cancel all visas given to Italian citizens and send them packing.. We should not be taking this lightly.

As it stands now those soldiers will never face the consequences.. nd it pretty much sets a horrid premise that your military can murder our citizens and walk away when ever they want coz the Indian government lacks the testicles to do something about it

11. ManISinJpr

I was not making an argumentative statement but wht I read as I already mentioned in my reply..
    So please let me be, at least. you are nit picking on me too much these days and I think it is not productive at all.
    I wasn't wanting to ruffle your feathers.. but you always seem to think that I do..
    Opposition is constructive only til the time it takes the betterment of the country in the broad strategy and approach !
    ONLY wiley and negative seekers indulge in the tactics.
    Who knows what they represent, but they are making all the noises that are reported in media !
    So your statement means that we show the Italian army and its govt our military might, may I ask how?
    teh whole EU will be united if wedo that.
    Every action has its own ramifications.
    Yes ther are no proper channels.
    these men are fugitives an the permission was givenby the Supreme court of India !! not any govt.
    if we cancel all visas to Italians.. then what will happen?
    please try to think the reactions when we say these things aloud.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2013 ---
    You know about the Tamils and what you said, they were the terrorist organization..
    we should then agree to the Pakis saying things against us in Kashmir too !

12. BANHAMMER

Channel 1 is UN.
    Channel 2 is bilateral trade.
    Channel 3 is diplomacy: pressurizing the Embassy.
    Channel 4 is boycott them in many ways.
    Channel 5 is bullying them in common Military waters.

A lot of civilian killings have been done by all military of the world including our own, I am not saying that is not condemning but govt would do anything to overlook it if it is not related to it's own citizens.
    Stopping the visa and send them packing? What happens when they return the favour? We have more Indians living in Italy than italians in India, not to mention the safety of Indians would be immediately jeopardize.
    I agree with last point about our govt lacking Ball, that is the whole crux of the problem. If our govt had balls we could bully them very easily.

13. ManISinJpr

Well agree to this, but I say this with a twist..
    name me one govt that can act lilke you said or suggested in modern times.
    times of UN control !! an unilateral party
    Well agree to this, but I say this with a twist..
    name me one govt that can act lilke you said or suggested in modern times.
    times of UN control !! an unilateral party

14. BANHAMMER

You know about the Tamils and what you said, they were the terrorist organization..

we should then agree to the Pakis saying things against us in Kashmir too ![/quote]
    1. I don't care who is posting what. I care about the matter at hand, if I don't think that argument is correct I would be vocal about it, the person in question is unimportant.
    2. I donno what this ruffle the feather business is?
    3. Political parties everywhere in the world see the angle of political gains, that is how it works. If the criticism is not worth it, it can be discarded, but the whole point on opposition is to question govt's intention and it should continue doing so.
    4. No, I wont suggest military might. But I would not rule out the possibility of bullying them out of our waters.
    5. EU will not engage. These soldiers are under lawful trial, most countries ie. France or Germany would condemn such action. However Italians seems to have no such concept.
    First I am talking about the Tamilian living in Srilanka and not LTTE. If Tamils were terrorist so were most of our saheeds because they were fighting for the discrimination. Ajad hind fauj by Netaji bose was a full blown Army and thus has no authorization. Srilankan Army killed 12 year son of prabhakaran and our govt is keeping mum.
    Our disregards for human rights of Tamils living in Srilanka has led us to such issue.

15. ManISinJpr

Most of what you said is Rhetoric and makes no sense

16. BANHAMMER

Oh god what is wrong with your formatting?
    I cannot quote it without having to edit it manually.
    not to mention everything is posted twice.

17. dbg

They need Indians more than we need Italians..

18. BANHAMMER

Explain how?

19. dbg

For starters 1000s of Indian IT folks working there .. Keeping their companies running.

20. dbg

I'm even for banning Ferrari from participating in the next F1 event.

JD666 likes this.
  21. BANHAMMER

what are you talking about that would be mutually destructing.
    stopping our IT business with them, and what happens to our 1000s of IT people?
    and have you looked at why Italy refused?