News Italy snubs India. Says Marines involved in killing won't return to India

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by JD666, Mar 12, 2013.

Share This Page

1. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Its BS.. They refuse to let their soldiers be tried for Murder.

Please tell me how many American or NATO troops have been prosecuted though arbitration, diplomatic channels and International courts..

2. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

Of course the LTTE are Tamils and if you go back in time you will also find the sri lankan's themselves are south Indians who moved to Lanka just a couple of thousand years ago, they are the same race as 90% of south Indians just like how northern India is closely related to Pakistan,Afghanistan and other middle eastern lands.

I am against anything remotely associated with terrorism and so i think LTTE is something which had to be destroyed, what i oppose and i guess what
    initpidzero also mentioned is about killing Tamil civilians who moved to sri lanka hundred's of years ago and live there just like any other sri lankan, the sri lankan government went on a killing spree in the name of destroying the LTTE by killing civilians even after the LTTE was destroyed,this action of theirs is highly condemnable and specially when they do this to people who moved there from a big country like India, which means sri lanka is either not scared of India or they are feeling too powerful now that they have Chinese support or India itself cares very less and shows green flag to whatever sri lanka does.

I am not able to pass my judgement on killing parbakaran's 12 year old kid but they should have at least not leaked the pic,which only makes me think that their motive was to anger Tamils and show they can kill whom ever they want and there is no stopping them.

I have the same stand towards Pakistan,i have friends in Pakistan and i really wish India and Pakistan were like USA and Canada but i want their terrorist organizations to be destroyed.

Overall India must have a decisive and strong stand against their neighboring small counties and be smart so they all understand that India is the second biggest country around this place and they simply cant fool around with us.

But again for all this to happen there is a big change required in the way how our country works and politics needs to evolve in the right direction.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Quick question: they have been held here for over 3-4 months? why? What took so long?

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I concur. Why drag out the process, and then have all this going on.

5. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

This is exactly what I want too, any self respecting Indian would .
    same to view as mine.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2013 ---
    Yeah there was certainly some wrong.. I also reported (not as a feedback ) but in a thread

6. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

possibly, we can give these two men fugitive status via interpol. at the very least, they will be landlocked in italy for rest of their lives.

whoever brought ferrari into this? :no:

ManISinJpr likes this.
  7. JD666

Dont cha worry, we'll be seeing protests outside the Ferrari showroom soon.

8. BANHAMMER

Important info

JD666 likes this.
  9. JD666

So basically we shot ourselves in the foot and let them get away easy. Lol

10. dbg

Spoke to my friend in the Navy.. He basically said that the Italians are laughing off this matter..

Also the fisherman were out of the fishing zone when the incident took place

11. BANHAMMER

Not that Italians are any better than us in any manner. In fact they are the closest to our way of doing things compared to anyone else in EU. But, mostly it is our govts and systems fault. Not to mention, these fishermen were outside the Indian waters.

12. JD666

That cannot be confirmed. And maritime rule also has a factor or condition that an armed or legal force of any nation should not fire, until being fired upon by an unknown source or entity. Which in this scenario makes the killing look preemptive.

That would be the primary reason for them being in the dock

13. dbg

Right.. Murder is murder.. I don't think these fishermen could have posed any threat

Our govt ?#@*&%!^$~ed up.. That's what everyone agrees upon

JD666 likes this.
  14. dbg

Update: Reuters
    Supreme Court bars Italian envoy from leaving country in marines dispute

The Supreme Court on Thursday temporarily barred the Italian ambassador from leaving the country, the latest escalation in a dispute over the killing of two Indian fishermen by Italian marines.

India had summoned the Italian ambassador this week to protest against Rome's decision not to send two marines charged with killing the fishermen while on anti-piracy duty back to India to face trial. The court ordered ambassador Daniele Mancini not to leave India, and to respond to the petition by March 18, raising questions about whether this violated the envoy's diplomatic immunity.

Manmohan Singh issued an unusually strong statement on Wednesday in which he accused Italy of violating "every rule of diplomatic discourse" and warned that if the sailors did not return "there will be consequences for our relations with Italy".

A government official said India was weighing what steps it could take, including expelling the ambassador, but that it was unlikely to take any action before March 22, when the sailors are due to appear again in court.

15. JD666

Just a thought - Sonia Gandhi is Italian right?? :D

16. dbg

Oh yea.. that's been going around a lot coz of this issue :D

17. JD666

has it? I din't see anything online.

18. dbg

Try reading the comments section of any popular news outlet .. BJP online brigade vs Congress supporters going at each after each and every story that breaks

:lol:

19. BANHAMMER

It would be funny to see Sonia dragged into this. But I would be surprised as she has anything to do with the matter.

JD666 likes this.
  20. dbg

Facts:
    1. The MV Enrica Lexie was sailing from Singapore to Egypt with a crew of 34, including six Italian marines who were protecting the ship. The Indian fishing boat, St. Antony, was returning with tuna from a fishing expedition.
    2. The incident occurred at sea on Feb 15 at approx. 1630 IST. The Italian marines give one version, the Indian fishermen give another version - both are contradictory.
    3. After incident, the Indian fishing boat rushes to shore, reports it to the coastal police at Neendakara, who passes on the info to the Coast Guard who launches a search mission.
    4. The MV Enrica Lexie has meanwhile carried on sailing for almost two and half hours and covered a distance of 70 km from the location of the incident when it was intercepted by the Coast Guard. It did not report the incident either to the IMB piracy reporting centre or MRCC.
    5. After the ship was intercepted and detained at Kochi port by the Coast Guard, an email was sent to the owner of the ship. No proof exists that a "piracy threat" was reported by the ship to any agencies (Indian, Italian or international) prior to this in the logs of either the ship or any of these agencies.
    Legal position:
    1. On the matter of jurisdiction, to reject an Indian trial - whilst Italy will need to show exclusive jurisdiction, India only needs to show that it also has jurisdiction.
    2. Indian enforcement agencies claim the incident occurred within the Indian Contiguous Zone but the Italians say that it happened outside the contigous zone but still within India's Exclusive Economic Zone.
    3. Even if we were for the sake of argument to assume that incident happened outside India's territory, if a crime is committed on an Indian vessel, India has jurisdiction. This is the law in almost every country - all planes and ships are considered to be part of the territory of the country in which they were registered. The fishermen were killed while they were inside an Indian boat.
    4. Italians paid compensation to the relatives of the victims. But a crime of murder cannot be compounded by the relatives or any one for that matter. (S.320 of CrPC). It is legally impossible for the Indian government to decide not to prosecute a murder case.
    5. Italian marines were released on bail initially on the basis of a bond by 2 Indian private citizens. But they had to stay within Kochi police station limits. Later, this was relaxed when the Italian embassy stood guarantee and the Italian Ambassador himself submitted a personal bond before the court (in addition to the 2 Indian citizens who have stood guarantee) - and they were allowed to go home for Christmas. They returned after their visit but once again, they sought to go home to vote. Additional guarantees were taken from the Italian embassy and the ambassador.
    6. The stipulated period for their overseas visit has expired, but they have not returned. This means the bond conditions have been breached and the Ambassador and the two other Indian guarantors are now liable for prosecution in India.

via /u/Chocolate_Horlicks