News Jayalalithaa appeals in Karnataka HC against conviction

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by BANHAMMER, Sep 29, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Source: Jayalalithaa appeals in Karnataka HC against conviction - The Hindu

Seriously stop wasting court's time and tax payers money.

2. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

Hope she comes back and continues the good work, it is understood she is corrupt during her first term in the 1990's just as all the politicians in this country but she is a far better administrator than any chief ministers in the country.

Really hope that Tamil Nadu does not have to go through the torture of karunanithi or vijyakanth+bjp forming a useless alliance to loot more thousands of cores.

MK did well by paying the judge otherwise no where in history of India anyone has been fined 100 crores for a 66 crore value case for which assets worth of almost 15 cores have already been proved with source of income.

If this is the case i wonder what verdict congress and DMK has to face for 2g scam and what modi has to face for reliance gas basin loot and adani land grab deal.

JD666 likes this.
  3. BANHAMMER

I hope not, she should be disqualified and put behind bars.
    She bloody misused people's fund for own personal gains.
    They let Narshima Rao get away with his thing because he was too old, too feeble and later they forgave him because he was dead.
    She already have pleaded innocent for 16 years, 16 long years, she has lied and cheated people of state.
    To believe that there is no other person who can run the state without one single person is absurd. The state/country is run on good work of people, it is a shame that she was already wasted so much of court's resources and time. Not to mention she is stalling for even further.
    This is same as what Sanjay Dutt did, with appealing and stalling and asking for forgiveness. Jesus Christ, have some shame, just because you are rich and powerful doesn't exonerate you from the crimes you have committed.
    Not to mention, the ?#@*&%!^$~s like Lalu is running freely without any responsibility for their lootage and plunder.

4. RajaPraveen

Actually her friend sashikala and her faily did, she was a wealthy women before even entering into politics unlike many other politicians in india.

Also there is no politician in India who has not misused people's fund for own personal gains, so i guess everyone should be behind bars and the country should be run by the army unless it is proven that the army officials are not corrupted.

We choose from what is best from the worst list of politicians and from what i know jeyalalitha is one of the least corrupted politicians in India in terms of the amount she gained form politics.

The judgement was because of the a deal set by congress and DMK and now BJP finding a small space in that.

It is not absurd it is rather the reality, one should get in touch with reality, no state is being run in India with good work.

The alternative choice for jeyalalitha is the super corrupt DMK, funny MDMK and the super corrupt national parties such as congress and BJP so i guess were are left out of options here.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  5. BANHAMMER

1. LOL, as I thought someone would prove she is victim of circumstance and all that. That is idol worshipping right there and idolisation of humans because of some good deed they have done. No, the justice should be absolute. If they have committed the crime they should get punishment for it.
    2. Yes, if they are corrupt put they behind bars, every last one of them. But this has to be proven in a court of law.
    3. You are alleging that Bangalore high court is influenced by some political pressure. There are no proofs to what you say, just opinions and rumours. So, I will discard that.
    4. See, leaders are replaceable. Gaints have fallen. If she were to die today, the whole state will go into state of chaos, which is stupid to think about it. the same would happen when rajnikanth dies. This is absurd. Shastri was killed/murdered by god-knows-who in a foreign country and he was immediately replaced by Indira Gandhi and world moved on.

6. RajaPraveen

Firstly it is not the Bangalore high court where she was convicted, and secondly just because there is no proof and DMK is freely running their television and airline and what does not mean that they are not corrupt and those the 2g scam is a rumor.

Off the record i personally know what usually happens in Bangalore courts having studied a few cases there, trust me there is a good chance this might even come out unless the payment done in USA can never be traced like the black money trail of all of our high regarded politicians.

Unless you are in this state you wont understand the situation, i just don't want some nonsense DMK ,MDMK , Congress or BJP to come into power here and slow down the state which has been doing so well lately, even though TN is not advertised using graphics it is the top state in many areas in the recent years and i don't want that to stop.

7. BANHAMMER

My apologies, it is special court.
    Again, DMK may be corrupt but not proven in court yet. Whereas it took Jayalalitha to be proven guilty in 14 years.
    Yes, our high profile politicians are fvcking running free, which makes it more important that they start sentencing CMs etc so that it should be lesson that they are next on the cross hair.
    Off the record conversation has no value. Justice is about proof and evidence. At this point, we are not running khap panchayats, so no we cannot convict people based on something which X person thing is conviction, there should be enough proof for conviction.
    Karunanidhi is even a bigger thug, but I don't know enough to say it.
    My point is that once you find someone a criminal punish them in proportion of their crime, no matter who it is. Even if it my father or my sibling, if they do wrong they should be punished. Forgiveness has screwed this country enough already.

8. RajaPraveen

Actually justice is more about settlement of money and buying lawyers and judges in our country, there are a very few honest judges but none of them shine or handle really big cases here, to attain a certain level a person in our judicial system works through recommendation and influence, so the justice system run in our country is almost like a village panchayat, it will take so many years for all of this to change, when proof can be bought using money and evidence can be manipulated there is no hope for proper judicial system.

In this case against jeyalalitha the verdict does not seem all that legal according to another very senior lawyer.

Jethmalani said: “ the verdict needs to be looked into in detail by legal luminaries. Justice D’Cunha didn’t award his sentence based on the anti-corruption act. He had crossed the boundaries of law by awarding a heavy penalty of Rs.100 crore on Jayalalithaa.

“By doing so, Cunha has erred greatly and the verdict is a blot on Indian judiciary. He hasn’t awarded the sentence based merely on anti-corruption laws and has by-passed many judicial guidelines. As an advocate who works within the purview of the country’s Constitution, I oppose the verdict,” he said.

9. BANHAMMER

Jethmalani of all people,
    Let me quote few selective ones from wikipedia.

10. RajaPraveen

True, he is always controversial but does not change the fact that D’Cunha did not award the sentence solely based on anti corruption laws which he should have, when a 900 core corruption case lalu was awarded a fine of 25 lakh rupees how is that here she is being fined 100 crores? the judgement should be within the parameters of the law, just because all the politicians break the law it does not mean the judges have to follow suit.

I smell something fishy here, i am all for anti corruption and proper justice and i hope it applies for everyone equally.

JD666 likes this.
  11. BANHAMMER

Well, that is my point.
    Also these people waste court's time and tax payers money by long drawn court cases.

Then you have likes of Salman khan running free, who first killed the protect deer and then run their car over some people drunk.

12. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

How about Swamy? Maybe he should be CM in 2016.

13. BANHAMMER

He talks way too much and doesn't check what he is saying a lot of time?

14. RajaPraveen

Lol swamy? the man who speaks imaginary stories about Indian history and who who files case against anyone who does not pay him, swamy has zero credibility here he will loose deposit if he contests anywhere.

Also there was a time when swamy was considered a spy of the united states.

15. MOZ

It's funny you belittle the one man that might have an ounce of honesty in him.

16. RajaPraveen

swami and honesty is like Justin biber and music, the honest swamy blackmailed jaayalitha asking for a certain amount of money to not file any case against her, but as usual jeyalailitha being her rude self used her party to threaten him so he fled the state for some time and filed all the cases, had jeya payed swami the money he would not filed any case and would have be become her closest friends, jeya lacked smart politics during her Early years and she is paying for it now.The same swami after many years again acted as jeya's messager and arranged tea party with her and Sonia and another lady and called it teen Devi to save the country so it is just a big joke if one believes swami is honest.

17. MOZ

And his involvement in bringing out the 2G scam?

18. RajaPraveen

Is good in way that he is pretty talented in framing robust legal cases, but again if swami were part of the scam or part of any party involved in the scam then he would have done nothing about the scam.

Swami now is in BJP and one of India's biggest gas basin in India is shared between reliance and Gujarat govt , Modi sold 10% of that to a foreigner who formed a company for few hundred dollars weeks before this sale just for buying this 10 person and that foreigner is a nobody was was roaming around India with an eco friendly tag, what did Swamy do about this issue? Swamy files cases on anyone he personally dislikes and he very good at it i must admit.

Sweet deals are made of gas | Tehelka.com

Gujarat gas deal a bigger scam than 2G: Arvind Kejriwal

Gujarat gas deal a bigger scam than 2G; both BJP, Congress involved: Kejriwal - IBNLive

Gujarat’s gas field stake is a Rs20,000 crore scam: 'Tehelka' | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

19. BANHAMMER

Details of false claims and later reverting them back
    Source: Exclusive: The Money Trail That Nailed Jayalalithaa in Court

20. RajaPraveen

She got caught during her first term as chief minister because i believe she was not a smart politician and neither were her friends, considering the range of curroption happening these days i think she must have been too stupid during her first term in the 1990's.

Adani-Land-Allotment-Mundra.jpg Adani-Land-Allotment.jpg
    http://www.greenpeace.org/india/Global/india/report/Adani-fact-sheet.pdf

I hope all the culprits get caught, i mean if they fined 100 cores for her i want to wait and watch how much they fine the big fishes.