Live Event Etiquette - Do's / Don'ts

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Jun 16, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So after attending another live event recently (Arijit Singh at Hard Rock Cafe), and having some good/mixed experiences, I thought it would be useful to prepare a guide for readers with regards to how/what to do at a live event.

Some people are live event veterans so they know what to expect, how to go about it. Others are first timers and they get disappointed more than anything. It is not all hunky dory, but if done right, can be a great experience.

So in no particular order, I am going to add points here. Feel free to add your pointers as well, especially @BANHAMMER . We can then compile these into a useful article for others.

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I might have a full blog on this kind of stuff.
    Well, I am going to Hellfest on thursday.

3. JD666

Interesting. Do you have a post ready? Or we could just compile one here

4. JD666

In no particular order -

- Planning - Make sure you are aware of the venue, location, the access and importantly how to get there in time. Many events have been missed thanks to bad planning and no foresight. If you plan on driving to the event in your own vehicle, make sure you leave well in advance to allow for traffic snarls and jams. Also, finding a parking spot will be that much easier.

- Be prepared to walk - Since most live events are stand only events, ensure that you are prepared to be on your feet for several hours. This could be anything from 2 to over 6 hours! So tell your lady to toss her heels aside, and be as comfortable as possible in the walking department. She can thank you later. Be prepared to walk, a lot! So if you have any disabilities/issues/health concerns, do take them into account before going for such an event.

- It does get packed and congested - Live events are generally not about one arm length between people and standing in symmetric circles. There is a lot of push and shoving that happens, and you will find yourself (or someone else) really up close and personal with others. Not for the claustrophobic or people who value their personal space way too much.

5. JD666

Hygiene - Ooh, this is a biggie for me. During this recent Arijit concert, there were these two pushy ladies that just wanted to get as close as possible to the front. They shoved, pushed, and did what not just to get ahead. And then all I had was their ewww smelling hair in my face, especially when they would start swinging to the music.

Watch your arms/legs/hair/BO. BO is a significant issue, since you are packed so closely to each other. If you suffer from it, best to shower up, deck up on the De-odorant and carry it as well for top ups. Also breath mints or gum will do wonders for your chance with the ladies. No one likes bad smells, especially when so close. Remember to cool off and take a break, else it'll just make you a people repellant in no time.

6. Invader

Invader RAID Rookie

dont attend one when u r suffering of diarrhea ? .. ul spill till u reach the loo :p

JD666 likes this.