Mahindra to Recall 60,000 XUV500

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Mar 12, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I wanted to make a detailed thread on this earlier raising the issues faced by XUV owners.

The XUV500 was launched with great fan fare in India, and had a really long waiting period after the launch.

Great features, Unbelievable pricing, with an Unlimited Warranty. It was a dream for aspiring SUV owners.

Initial issues faced by owners were suspension trouble which resulted in free replacements by the company.

Owners also reported issues with the Multi-Function touchscreen control. It would hang, not boot up, the touch response would not work.

People have reported that the buttons, plastics etc are not wearing out as well as they should. Bits and pieces have come off, working themselves loose. Rattles and noises have also started in some vehicles that have done 30,000 or more kms.

The front brake shoes are prone to premature replacement as early as 20,000 kms.

Anyhow, the recall by Mahindra right now is to fix 3 components, the front power windows, a fluid pipe and the wiper covers.

This affects around 60-65,000 vehicles, and will be carried out free of cost.

So anyone who knows an XUV owner, do inform him.

I know that Vinny knows one for sure :D

Tagging abhi0008

Nicko likes this.
  2. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I know some of them, and its is a nice vehicle..
    I am waiting for the Ford Ecosport now..
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2013 ---
    I know some of them, and its is a nice vehicle..
    I am waiting for the Ford Ecosport now..

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

The ford ecosport is going to be a game changer. For the price and the offering, it wins on a lot of accounts, hands down.

4. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I dunno why my replies are posted in double..

whats this?

5. JD666

And today the clutch cylinder failed without any warning. At 38000 kms. Bang in the middle of the road.

Had to drive the car for 40 or So kms without clutch and now currently getting it towed home.

The road side assistance was good But at best limited to the closest workshop, Which was a good 55 kms from the residence,

After multiple phone calls and arguments had to make alternate arrangements for the vehicle to be towed.

6. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Damn..

Bravo !! :clap:

idutt likes this.
  7. JD666

Thank you!!! though it wasn't that great an experience, but with the whole family on board, had to be done to get ourselves to a safer location.

8. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

mahindra needs to improve the robustness of their products.just by launching cars with great looks,features & price will not help. Hats off & I mean it to JD666 in driving the car out of badlands with families on board in a broken down condition to a safe area.mahindra pull up your socks.