PC Peripherals Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 and Wired 200

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by JD666, Jun 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Got these two keyboards for office usage. The missus will use the Natural Ergonomic and I the Wired 200 -

IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3324.jpg

First up the Natural 4000 -

IMG_3308.jpg

Box inside a box. Well packaged, durable cardboard material.

IMG_3309.jpg
    The keyboard was inside a plastic cover, which i removed for the photograph. Funny to see no other packaging present to hold the keyboard in place, other than the two cardboard folds on the lid.

IMG_3310.jpg

The interesting Back/Forward and Zoom toggle buttons. The Zoom toggle works like a spring loaded slider, coming back to original position after use. Also note, that the Notification lights are at the bottom in this keyboard.

IMG_3311.jpg

The remaining array of buttons, that are seldom used, but always welcomed on a keyboard.

IMG_3313.jpg

On the other side, the mute, volume control, Calculator shortcut and other keys.

This has 5 keys that can be macro programmed at the top, and you see the F-lock key in the above image. That allows you to use the commands on the Function keys at the top in applications like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.

IMG_3315.jpg

The raised mounting and the wrist rest. A point of note, the wrist rest, is super soft and mushy. I really liked the feel and finish of the rest.

This mount lifts the keyboard from the end, nearly 3 inches in height. This is great, if you have a low desk and a high chair, since your wrist and fingers will be in an extremely natural, stress free position.

IMG_3317.jpg

The underside of the keyboard. The mount can be removed by releasing the three latches underneath. Its essentially just slide and release.

The Wired 200 -

IMG_3325.jpg

Very old-school, however silent. This reminded me of the first membrane type keyboards that came out. There was some semblance of quality and workmanship, and those keyboards were not all $hitty to type on.

IMG_3326.jpg

Layout is simple, and the design compact. No extra buttons here. I like this keyboard for the simplicity and the ease of typing. Makes my Logitech wireless combo feel like c r a p. I realized i was shying away from typing more and more on the Logitech keyboard, purely because typing on it was no fun at all.

IMG_3327.jpg

Not sure if fully visible, but you can spot it on the space bar. This has the old textured keys, that feel good to press, do not slip easily. Another point worth noting is that typing is extremely silent on this device.

I am barely registering 10dB above the ambient noise levels here, which is saying a lot since most membrane keyboards are 20-25 over the ambient noise levels.

Hoping to use this for a few more days and provide further feedback. Till now, the Shift key is slightly on the harder side to press for Capital Letters, however, everything else falls to point pretty easily.

Cheers!

Sunit JC likes this.
  2. Invader

Invader RAID Rookie

the natural ergonomic looks weird :p

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

It does indeed. But once you get used to it, the buttons come pretty 'naturally' to the fingers, and your hands are in a pretty neutral position.

If you had to type for 3-4 hours cumulative in a day (and I don't mean gaming, actual typing), this does provide much needed relief for your wrists.