Discussion My Experiences with Samsung Customer Care

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by dbg, Jun 23, 2014.

Share This Page

1. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Background: Been using a Samsung NP550P5C - S01IN Laptop since August 2012, had my fare share of recurring issue so I finally decided to visit the Service center just when my warranty was about to expire.

________________________________________________________________________________________

My visit to the Samsung Service Center (Hyd - 21Jun2014)
    So I arrived at the centre was asked to directly go to their laptop workshop area, first I asked them would they be formatting my HDD since it was being replaced. They said no - then I had to take 20 mins to delete the partitions and over write them a few times.
    Next they started to work on it, opened it up and replaced the screen & HDD quickly. Service Engg. had me check the new screen for defects - It was A-OK.
    I had noticed that after the HDD was installed the Laptop would not enter the BIOS and directly give a boot error, he tried a couple of more time but then just handed it over to me saying the servicing work was complete. I explained to him that the Boot process wasn’t working and he hadn’t checked the HDD - also the Keyboard + Touchpad + Overheating + Optical Drive problems were still not fixed. He said to come on Monday, I told him that I had all my complaints noted down in my last visit. He checked with the lady clerk and everything was noted dow, then sat down to fix it. They asked me to wait outside but I refused - he opened up the laptop and the cleaned out the Mobo + Cooling system with a blower. Next he called up some guy because the system was entering the BIOS, after the call he tried another new HDD and viola it worked this time. He said the replacement drive was defective. (20 mins ago he was handing me over the same).
    I reminded him 3-4 times to re-apply the thermal paste and check the RAM also. I practically stood over his head to make sure he did it. (he was making excuses all along). He soldered the new Touchpad buttons on the mobo and cleaned the mobo once more.
    Then again he said he was done so I had to remind him about ODD which would randomly eject on its own. He tried eject it manually but it didn’t work strangely so he said "ODD is defective I am replacing it” .. They had a new piece lying around luckily so I got a new ODD installed, but during this replacement he broke the external plastic cover of the Optical Drive. He tried to hide this but after I received the laptop I picked the broken piece off the laptop and showed it to him and asked him to fix it.
    SE: “plastic parts are not covered under the warranty” ..
    Me: “I don’t care about the warranty, you broke it just now so you fix it”
    SE: “plastic parts we cannot replace”
    Me: “it was fine when I brought it in and just now you broke it, tell me if I’m wrong”
    SE: “….”
    Me: “just fix it or replace it”
    SE: <takes the laptop aside and sticks the broken plastic cover back with feviquik.>
    Me: <facepalm>
    Me: I need your guarantee that this ‘unauthorised’ fixing won’t count as tampering.
    SE: “no problem sir, you can come to anytime..” blah blah blah
    -- I gave up at this point.

Now finally he almost begs me to take the laptop back, I ask him to clean the Keyboard - he says Keyboard unit is sealed so he cannot — I tell him my keys don’t press properly — "Fine, we will replace the keyboard" (just to get me to leave) .. I made sure he noted down the order for the Keyboard replacement and left. But before doing so I grabbed the Feedback form (they make us only-sign) and filled it out completely right before him - gave him an okay rating,
    So that’s it. Expecting a call to have my Kb replaced. Laptop is back running though don’t see any improvement in the Heating department still.

JD666 likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Now that's more in line with what I expected from Samsung. The good review you gave me over the phone was too good to be true.

Take pictures of the plastic part stuck on and do email them to Samsung customer care. I would like to see what their response is.

3. dbg

I am willing to let that slide if it helps smoothen my future visits as I can always complain later, the people they hire for such positions are terribly unqualified for being in a Service Center which is a customer facing role and being in a similar professional capacity for my working hours it just ticks me off.

I am still having the heating issues, the ambient temperatures go upto 75 degrees when just using the browser - so I'll monitor for a week and then hit them again for have my mobo replaced or atleast the cooling system.

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

What is the cooling system like? Heat conducting plates, routed to a sink via tubing or sink right on top. Any clogging of the vents or fins?

Take a thermal paste along the next time you go. and check temps on the Wi-Fi Card, GPU, Chipset and RAM as well. A lot of localized heating from these could also cause the CPU to overheat. 70+ is high.

5. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

>samsung laptop
    Why?

6. dbg

Friend got me a Discount
    Good deal for the time, Best specs in the range + some extended warranty which came useful.

Would have picked an HP otherwise.

7. BANHAMMER

Dell or Lenovo always
    or Hitachi.

8. dbg

Yes, Lenovo would have been a better choice I realized later. Much better build quality.

9. BANHAMMER

Though not all of them, just think pad.
    Also not all dell, I would only go with latitude ever.