My hands on experience with the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Nov 2, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Yup, It launches/releases today in India. However our very own abhi0008 bought one for Mrs. abhi0008 recently, and I was able to get my hands on the device a couple of days back.

Hands down this is probably the best iPhone that I found of all the iterations that have been. The Camera was very capable, and responsive, taking pictures nearly at par with my trusted N8. The lack of ability to change setting still does irk you, however the processing power was impressive of the phone. Apps load in a flash ( pun intended ), and its extremely fast. Still find this phone/Os to have the best qwerty keyboard in portrait mode.

The build quality is impressive, most impressive being the aluminum finished back panel and sides. Though yes, it does look flimsy enough to wear out quite rapidly.

I checked for the light leakage issues, could not find any. The slimmer screen does make icons smaller, however I guess those used to previous iPhones won't really feel anything.

Browsing was fast and fun.

Could get used to this if only Apple was not so bent on anarchy!

Some pics -

2012-10-30-002.jpg

2012-10-30-003.jpg

2012-10-30-004.jpg

2012-10-30-005.jpg

2012-10-30-006.jpg

MohitGamer likes this.
  2. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Nice...:cool: !!

JD666 likes this.
  3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Every iteration of the iPhone is better than the previous, improved OS, better hardware, better camera, generally same price, hence the clichéd, "Best iPhone ever" :p

4. JD666

Trust me, coming from me it means a lot.

Never been an iPhone supporter. This was the best that I liked of all the other gen phones

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

5. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

I understand, it has met the JD-Standard :p

JD666 likes this.
  6. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

Nice write up JD, iPhone's indeed are good phones but is just not the best ever like every apple fans claim. in fact i feel there is no best ever smartphone its just every phone is different and has their own advantages so which ever suits you buy and use.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  7. JD666

exactly what I wanted to say. it has it's quirks, but does impress a lot when compared to the other versions. thanks Raja!