My love hate relationship with Android!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Nov 5, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

What I love, the apps.

I can now search for restaurants around me, book a ticket, check a flight status, get real time information, Download wallpapers/ringtones ( Thanks RajaPraveen ).

I like the giant screen for browsing/chatting, and for watching movies.

What I dont like, rather hate

- Disconnection of wifi or data when the phone goes to sleep ( even after setting it to not sleep when on stand by

- Background apps eating up resources

- Camera... Sadly not there.

Thanks harryneopotter, MOZ for putting me in the direction, but it needs more time!

2. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

the journey continues !

JD666 likes this.
  3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

The Camera -- well can't help you there.

Background apps eating up resources -- Shouldn't be a problem really .. can you elaborate. Does the phone become slow overtime. ?

Disconnection of wifi or data when the phone goes to sleep -- Did this problem exist out of box or was it after any SW update ?

4. mavihs

mavihs RAID Rookie

The Camera - what do you mean by "not there"???? :confused:
    Disconnection of wifi or data when the phone goes to sleep/Background apps eating up resources - Which Android version you have? Custom or stock? i remember these problem used to be there when i had gingerbread.
    just get a Jelly Bean custom ROM for your phone & you should have a great speed boost plus lots of bug fixes!!!
    if you need any help in flashing me or HNP or Moz can help you out!!!

5. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Din't see/check it earlier, but after 4.0 yes it does exist. ( Wifi/data )

Background - Ram eventually drops down to 180-190 MB levels from 350-380Mb over 15-20 mins.

- Stock ROM. 4.0

Camera - Laggy, and takes time to focus sometime. Could be the hardware even.

I tried searching for custom ROMs for the Razr Maxx, but nothing interesting came up. Any ideas???

6. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

There is a known Wifi-data issue with the Stock 4.04 ICS ROM of the Razr MAXX ..

Try some other camera apps from the market .. see if they all lag.

Free RAM should not be an issue .. Android likes to keep the RAM saturated in maximize multitasking. Whenever RAM is needed the least used app gets flushed out.

JD666 likes this.
  7. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Camera - You got a motto, say thanks it has a camera
    Free RAM - Don't worry about the numbers, as long as the phone doesn't lag, don't worry, let the OS handle it.
    Connection thing - It's a issue between the driver - radio, ROM specific, it should get fixed. I have often used my phone as a DLrig and left the DLs on for the complete night, without having any disconnection on sleep.

Sunit JC likes this.
  8. Duffman 2.0

Duffman 2.0 RAID Rookie

Its kinda related to the topic at hand but still un related but I didn't want to make a new thread so asking here only.
    I currently have Samsung Galaxy 3 only and its working fine for me. Its currently running Froyo. I haven't rooted it. The only issue is that it has run out of memory. That is, currently installed apps are not updating, citing lack of memory. These apps have been installed on the phone and they cannot be moved on to the SD card. Would rooting the phone allow me to do so or will I have to look for a new phone? If latter is the case then I'm in a kind of fix. If I look for bit of a memory upgrade then I don't want to spend much on an Android device, just 10K or so, else if dual-booting a phone with Android and Ubuntu is possible then I would like to go for a Motorola device, complete with Lapdock 500 Pro and get rid of my laptop too. Issue in the 2nd case is the availability of Lapdock in India. No local online retailer like Flipkart or Junglee has it and I don't want to buy one through eBay as I have had bad experiences with eBay in past.

JD666 likes this.