Advise My Samsung Plasma died :-(

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by coolcatric, Mar 19, 2014.

Share This Page

1. coolcatric

coolcatric Chief RAID meet organiser

Hello Guys,

Need your advice on this issue. Had bought this plasma TV around 2 years back (June 2012) with bill from Samsung Udaipur.

Around 3 months back, colored vertical lines started to appear on the left side on screen. Soon the lines increased and now 1 more line is developed on right side as well.

The moment the 1st line appeared, had contacted samsung service center, they sent across a guy and he confirmed that the panel needs to be replaced.

The plasma had only 1 year warranty and it was in its 16th month or so when this problem occurred.

Samsung is asking for 28k to replace the panel, for which I have refused. Multiple mails have been exchanged with them but with no outcome. I asked for complain number, which till date is not shared despite multiple reminders. They have royally ignored as I am asking for free of cost replacement.

Please suggest how to take this forward as I cannot afford additional 28k on this plasma

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Did you drop the word "consumer court". Next time you call them, please inform them that you are recording this conversation for record purposes, and would like a responsible person on the phone. Also mention (aloud) the date, and time of conversation, and tell them if they disconnect the line you will record that as proof. See what happens :)

Vinny likes this.
  3. coolcatric

coolcatric Chief RAID meet organiser

Have told them multiple times. They are not responding, not even the complaint number is shared despite asking again and again.

I cannot shell out extra 28k.... Please suggest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

You can either get a working 2nd hand (Search OLX :) ) or a new imported TV (without warranty) for 28k/-.
    You might have to compromise of screen size though.

Alternatively, you do a quick search for plasma repair local shop and at-least get a comparison quote from them.

5. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

This is why I bought a LED TV. If the panel is out of warranty there is nothing much one can do about it i guess. Just get a basic LED TV as per your budget. IMO don't compare brands in the showroom much. I fell for it and ended up buying a 3D TV for 64k. Now I feel i should have bought a Toshiba 42" basic TV with 3 years warranty.

Vinny and JD666 like this.
  6. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

I have like 3 Samsung plasma's and all are going strong since 2010, this can happen to any brand and any technology and i have heard stories of Sony LCD going bad after a year and the panels being replaced for a charge so i guess the only option is to change the panel, also Samsung offers extended warranty up to 4 years and it is always wise to get that.

you can write to Samsung directly since it is 4 months out of warranty they might give you discount on the panel replacement.

Rockfella likes this.
  7. Rockfella

Sounds like a solution.

8. Vinny

Vinny RAID Rookie

@rockfella, how many years on warranty on our tv?

9. Rockfella

1, but ours is an IPS Led not plasma. The basic TVs looked washed out in the showrooms.

JD666 likes this.
  10. JD666

I thought Panny came with 3 yr warranty.

11. RajaPraveen

Panasonic television used to have 3 years warranty but not sure if they still offer that.

personally i have had bad experience with Panasonic, i bought a microwave oven in dec 2013, it was the most expensive home use microwave that Panasonic makes and it stopped working in a week, after making so many calls and tech coming home taking pics and stuff it took 45 days for me to get it replaced and that 45 days was not added to the warranty extension so overall i am not happy with Panasonic support.

I have had great exp with Samsung support, when i initially bought my plasma i changed it twice(once for a speaker issue and another was for picture issue) both the time they took 3 days to replace my plasma and every time they gave me a brand new sealed plasma direct from the warehouse, so when under warranty i guess i have had great experience with Samsung.

Rockfella likes this.
  12. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Really, OMG!! Can I Please borrow your Time Machine ? :troll:

13. RajaPraveen

one number changes everything, including putting thoughts into your mind that i might have invented the time machine.:)

JD666 likes this.
  14. JD666

Ironically, I bought a Panasonic Microwave oven here as well, and it died after 5 months. However the service centre was good to fix it and put it back in operational condition.

15. Rockfella

You bought a Panasonic microwave? :eek:
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 24, 2014 ---
    One can go for extended. No more 3 years now.

16. JD666

Yes I did. They used to give 3 years out of the box, now they've started charging extra for it. :(

17. RajaPraveen

AFAIK microwave only has one year warranty and the 3 year warranty was always only for their televisions and some other electronics i guess.

18. JD666

The microwave has a 6 month warranty, and a 6 month labor warranty only (after the first 6 months).

The Panny TV I had came with a 3 yr warranty out of the box.

19. Rockfella

Buying a Panasonic A/C or microwave is like having noodles at Sagar Ratna.

20. JD666

They're not that bad mate. atleast better than the Samsung and LG one's we've had