NADAL vs FEDERER

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by BANHAMMER, Jan 25, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

image not visible.

3. BANHAMMER

that is gif

4. JD666

Bah. Tennis sucks. Except for the ladies format. That rocks!

5. BANHAMMER

Yeah, hot tennis girls rule.

6. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

and nadal fakes injury, lol:giiggle:

eugenie bouchard rules!

JD666 likes this.
  7. BANHAMMER

You must be joking about him faking injury?
    Dude is playing with agony and pain and blisters, blood and sweat.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  8. RajaPraveen

i was not joking about the fake injury, he did have blisters but that is not injury, blood and sweat? i don't think he was bleeding and the sweat applies for everyone.

nadal was fine until the second set but he called for an MTO when he realized stan was demolishing him, nadal's usual moonball play did not work for stan's amazing backhand.

nadal has a big history of faking injury and calling MTO at crucial points of the match to break the opponents rhythm, it has worked well with federer and hence he is able to beat him with all the moonballing, time wasting and MTO's, no other No 1 player in the world has ever received so many warnings for time violation and coaching as nadal.

these are some of the reasons reason why nadal can never be a great player in my book.

Overall nadal and his teams stratagy worked well that day and they stole all the media spotlight from stan and made him look like he won over an injured guy, stan would have won that final fare and square and if it was not that for fake MTO stan would have done it in three sets, the MTO did confuse stan a bit and he lost the 3rd set because of that.

Nadal once called for the trainer because he said a banana got stuck in his throat, i mean how can a piece of banana get stuck in someone's throat?

Since 2007, Nadal has lost in 15 slams. He has cited injury in 9 of those 15 losses.

2007 Wimbledon vs. Federer - Knee
    2007 US Open vs. Ferrer - Knee
    2008 Rome vs. Ferrero - Foot blisters
    2009 French Open vs. Soderling - Knee
    2009 US Open vs. Del Potro - Abdominal tear
    2010 Australian Open vs. Murray - Knee
    2011 AO vs. Ferrer - Hamstring
    2012 Wimbledon vs. Rosol - Knee
    2013 Wimbledon vs. Darcis - Knee
    2014 Australian Open vs. Wawrinka - Back

there are more i might have missed in this list, nadal got into federer's head through wasting time and spoiling his rythm and then used moonballing only to federer's back hand over and over again to win him, that is not good for tennis,the opponents entire game should be attacked and then that becomes a great victory, baseline players these days never do that, they never attack and all this because nadal set a bad example for these players, thank god guys like stan and dimitrov are playing a well rounded attacking game with some defense to save tennis,roger had the most complete game of any player but sadly he was not mentally very tough.

9. BANHAMMER

You are listing injuries, but how does that prove that those injuries are fake?
    He is very physical player, it is very likely that he gets injured as often as he says.
    I would like to see some official evidence to that claim.

10. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Nadal RULES and that too with overwhelming power and skill !!!

No two ways about it !

11. JD666

What's moonballing. And the list posted by RajaPraveen is quite impressive. Did he really cite injuries in all of these?

12. BANHAMMER

13. BANHAMMER

However what Nadal does is not moonballing as few have pointed out.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  14. RajaPraveen

The MTO taken for all those injuries were always during crutial parts of the match when nadal was loosing and the opponent was winning, nadal has never taken MTO or claimed injury when he is winning or when his moonballing,time wasting works with the opponents mind, only when it does not work he uses MTO to spoil their rhythm, everyone is aware of it there are many articles regarding this, i have been following tennis for the past 25 years and never seen a player do this ever.

Djoker,Murray and Tsonga are all much more physical than nadal but they dont take MTO when the opponent is leading, also being physical and simply running around the baseline is not good tennis, it only leads to long boring games like woman's tennis has been all these years but at least there you wont get bored if the player is good looking.

No wonder the crowd booed him when he came back from the MTO during finals because they knew nadal is going to do this the moment stan started to dominate, even i predicted to my friends he will take MTO at the end of first set but he did it in the second set.

Unfair Advantage: Nadal And The MTO | Any Given Surface

Rafael Nadal fined for receiving illegal coaching | Tennis News | ESPN.co.uk

Ubitennis - English - Nadal Admits to Receiving Coaching in his Autobiography

Rafael Nadal’s uncle Toni admits he cheats by coaching during matches | Yardbarker.com

Nadal called out for illegal coaching again at Indian Wells : tennis

Jim's blog

Wimbledon 2010: Rafael Nadal Says Injury Real, Uncle Toni Didn't Help Him - The Daily Fix - WSJ

What’s the secret to Rafael Nadal’s rapid recovery from his knee injury? | Beyond The Baseline

Let's Hope Drugs Prolong Rafael Nadal's Great Career - Bloomberg

Tennis News: Rafael Nadal’s Reputation Rocked By Latest Doping Accusation : Sports : Latinos Post

Thunder in tennis: Rafael Nadal accused of doping! - ModernGhana.com

What nadal does is moonballing, just watch his matches and see how he handles the opponents backhand specially the ones where he playes Djoker, any one can see and no matter what cover up explanation anyone gives his shot exactly fits the description of moonballing.These are all well known facts about nadal's game, saying nadal does not moonball is like saying federer is mentally very tough.

At one point, the world No. 1 resorted to hitting moonballs in an attempt to throw Djokovic off his rhythm. Nadal. Moonballs! Instead, it was Nadal who was on his heels. (Literally, in one case. Nadal tripped himself during a point in the second set and fell to the ground during a key deuce point.)

Djokovic beats Nadal again on clay, sets stage for epic French Open - Busted Racquet - Tennis Blog - Yahoo! Sports

15. BANHAMMER

I'll ignore blogs and Reddit since blogs are just opinions.
    Looking at official links none of them say those injuries are fake, they just speculate about it and make case that there may be something like that going on without any hard medical or official evidence. not creditable.
    Assuming it is moonballing, which it is not as I read at couple of tennis forums, it is still not illegal and if works as a tactics it is a tactics. If it makes game boring for anyone, well big ?#@*&%!^$~ing deal, he is winning anyway.
    Winning so many titles with underhand technique at such level is baseless assumption.

16. JD666

Okay, what's MTO?

17. RajaPraveen

Medical time out and nadal has taken medical time out in 90% of the matches where he stated to lose.

Not just the blogs and the articles which speculate, there have been many players who have complained about nadal and his team's un-sportsmen like behavior and have alligated seeing him bleed through the nose after taking an MTO,i myself having followed for so many years know nadal and his team's tactics well enough i predicted his MTO on the final when Stan stared to attack.

It is not just the MTO and fake injury, it is illegal coaching,doping,time wasting(never seen a player receive so many time violation warning ever from the day i started to watch tennis)

Nadal is a good athelete,can run really fast from the baseline, can hit running forehand well once in a while but to me he is not a great tennis player, i don't find his game interesting and i don't find most of the these modern day baseline bashing players game interesting at all, they engage in long rallies like woman's tennis, i like fast paced game, i love to watch players who use all of the court and attack rather than just play baseline defense.

Of course he is winning and moonballing is not illegal but moonballing sets a bad example of where tennis was heading in nadal and djoker era.

Also it is not what tennis forums say, you have to watch all of his matches to understand his tactics,i have watched almost 95% of big important matches what nadal has played and i have seen what he does, it is not assumption it is my clear understanding by clear observation of his play.

BTW federer does not suck he probably is greatest natural talent in the history of the game, even nadal's mastermind uncle and his coach toni acknowledges it.

JD666 likes this.
  18. JD666

19. RajaPraveen

it is less in wiki but it is there.

At the Wimbledon Championships, Nadal beat Kei Nishikori and Robin Haase in the opening rounds. He defeated Philipp Petzschner in the third round, winning after five sets of play. During his match with Petzschner, Nadal was warned twice for allegedly receiving coaching from his coach and uncle, Toni Nadal, resulting in a $2000 fine by Wimbledon officials.[101][102] He defeated Paul-Henri Mathieu of France in the round of 16 and in the quarterfinals, he beat Robin Söderling of Sweden in four sets. He defeated Andy Murray in straight sets to reach his fourth Wimbledon final.

JD666 likes this.
  20. BANHAMMER

If he is doping, why is it not medically proved yet?
    I am sure these guys take doping tests and if he is doping they will ban him.
    I am not qualified to see a difference between moonballing and a humanly impossible top spin which Nadal puts on his shot which federer cannot play in backhand.
    Pretty much everyone is aware of the so called tactics and any good player will demolish moonballing, but years and years Nadal has beater Federer on all surfaces more number of times.
    Also Federer is just dragging on, he should have retired a long time back. He has not won any grandslam for few years now, so he sucks indeed.