News Narender Modi's media blockade. Could it be his undoing?

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by JD666, Jul 31, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Reading online, it seems that there isn't a proper media advisor (except for an Octogenarian (Thanks Dictionary) from Gujrat).

The Central Government is tight lipped on public statements and the media has been left out in the cold.

If it's a belief of letting one's work speak for itself, I do agree it is the right thing to do.

However if the belief is that the masses can communicate thru the official PMO website, twitter and other means, then it's a mistake since most of India still does not have access to the Internet, forget knowledge on how to use it.

Could it be a comeback against the heavy media coverage he received for the riots?

I would hope to believe it is the first one, but I'm pretty sure vocal supporters of the opposition are sharpening their knives.

No journalists, please: Narendra Modi's 'no media' policy may prove to be a mistake - Firstpost

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Or just that he is playing it safe, the communal sensitivity is at an high these past few months, -- Many rightly view him as a polariziing figure so saying nothing is playing it safe.

The BJP/NDA needs someone like a (lt)Pramod Mahajan to handle the media however - even from a distance.

SumitB likes this.
  3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Just keep the good work. See over exposure of Vajpayee government costed him given he was the greatest prime minister of our generation.
    I don't care if he doesn't talk too much as long he works well.

JD666 likes this.