Need an App to Auto-Sync Memory Card to PC over WiFi

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by dbg, Sep 7, 2012.

Share This Page

1. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Hi everyone ..

The devices are as follows.

1. Motorola DEFY + Samsung 16GB MicroSD Card
    [bimg=200]http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Consumers/Products/Mobile%20Phones/MOTOROLA-DEFY/_Images/_Staticfiles/B2C_DEFY_Black_Front_Home_EMEA_lg.png[/bimg]

2. Netgear N150 Wifi Router
    [bimg=200]http://brain.pan.e-merchant.com/1/9/03781591/l_03781591.jpg[/bimg]

3. Samsung NP550 Laptop.
    [bimg=200]http://images.pricerunner.com/product/500x500/388201491/Samsung-NP550P7C-S02UK.jpg[/bimg]

Please suggest an Android app that will let me do the following.
    1. Automatically sync important folders on my Phone's Memory Card to a Folder on my Laptop and vice-versa.
    2. Let me automatically transfer files to my Phone storage by copying files to a synced folder on my Laptop.

Any app or configuration that will let me achieve this.

Thanks.
    -dex

2. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

How to Sync Files from Android Phone to PC over WiFi

If you have an Android based phone, it almost certainly has WiFi. If you have a wireless router, you can access internet from anywhere at home. If your PC or laptop and your phone are on the same network, that is, same WiFi router, you can automatically sync files from your Android phone to your PC and vice versa.
    What You Need to Perform Android Sync to PC:

To automate syncing between PC and an Android phone, follow these steps:
    1. Install MyPhoneExplorer Android app on your phone.
    2. Install MyPhoneExplorer Windows application.
    3. Open MyPhoneExplorer on PC and select File > Settings > Connection > Phone with Google Android-OS.

[​IMG]
    4. Click OK.
    5. Under Connect via… select WiFi or Autodetect.
    [​IMG]
    6. Now, your PC will be connected to your phone and MyPhoneExplorer on your phone will say your phone is connected.
    [​IMG]
    If your PC doesn’t connect to phone, enable it in your firewall.
    Now that you have connected your phone to your PC over WiFi. You need to select folders on your android phone to Sync with your PC. Follow these steps to sync folders on your Android phone to PC:
    1. Expand Files on the left pane of MyPhoneExplorer and click Memory Stick.
    [​IMG]
    2. On the next window, click the arrow mark on Sync Folders icon and click Customize.
    [​IMG]
    3. In the Edit File-Sync Jobs window, Enter a relevant name for the folder you want sync next to Title.
    4. Select Phone -> PC. Selecting this will sync a folder in your phone to PC. (You can also do the other way be selecting PC -< Phone.)
    5. Select your source (phone) folder and target (PC) folder.
    6. Select Save folder radio button.
    7. Click OK.
    [​IMG]
    8. Repeat these steps for each folder you want in your mobile to sync to your PC.
    9. To sync files, click Sync files button.
    [​IMG]
    If you want to automatically sync files, go to File > Settings > Multi-sync and check Sync Files > Select Jobs. Check the jobs (folders) you want to sync and click OK.
    That’s all. You can now sync all these files to PC over WiFi whenever you are at home. MyPhoneExplorer also has more options to sync your calendar, phonebook etc. Just play around with settings to enable more options. I use Llama to automate some of the phone tasks. Whenever I reach home, it triggers MyPhoneExplorer in my phone. When I switch on the PC, it syncs all selected files.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    dbg: 80 Points (Thanks .. this does the job and soo much more .. :D) Sep 8, 2012
  3. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

80 points.. jeez... :D :D